DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic2 Pro vs. Zoom camera resolution

You Said, "Nothing you have previously learned about photography and video changes just because the camera is now on a flying tripod."

I do not shoot on "Auto" with my DSLR. I do shoot on "Auto" with my Drone. Do you know the difference between auto and manual on a DSLR? That has changed. If my ground level shoot required that I shoot in “Auto” I would decline the project. I want 100% control of the shutter, ISO & focal point.

You said, "your assumption that you merely lacked experience at drone flying to understand the basics of photography."

Not the basics of photography. The capture and presentation of images of angles and lighting at 300 feet up is different than standing on the ground. Can you acknowledge that?

Where you a photographer before you became a world-renowned expert on aerial photography? If so, did you struggle with the way you captured images? Or did you find that a camera is a camera, they all just take pictures?

In addition, you may not realize that only a very, very small percentage of clients print on large format. That would be something discussed at length prior to taking a project.

This is becoming a tedious conversation. It’s like discussing photography from a professor with no actual experience. Strong grasp on the theory, but no practical experience.

One last point, the cameras on my drones are very small and light. You cannot change lens or manipulate lighting as desired. Knowing that, are their capabilities equal to my Nikon with multiple lens? No, they are not. But my DSLR does not fly.
@Meta4 and @sar104 's responses above covered everything noteworthy. I have been a still photographer for the last 40 years, from the living in the darkroom creating prints to using Photoshop and LightRoom for optimizing my digital images. The drone is simply a flying tripod for the camera. Shooting 4K drone video required learning Premiere Pro. Aside from that, shooting stills from the air follows all the same principles of photography used with my DSLR. Your DSLR can fly. You just need a heavy lifter drone to carry it. In the mean time, make the most of the camera and lens built into your M2P. Whether your clients want large prints or not, shooting DNG stills will always produce the best possible starting image, compared to a frame grab from a 4K video. That's just basic photography, completely independent of whether the camera is planted on a tripod on the ground, or hanging below a drone at 300 feet! I'm a photographer with a drone camera, and not a drone flyer snapping pictures.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming