DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic2 smart controller....

HD3 fatsharks worked fine, to a limit of what they can do. at least there were no obvious issues like wrong sync, totally off colors, etc. it is what it is for a 720p feed.
Now i wish i bought HDO, that would probably be a way better, but, it still works and image is clear. i think with time i will get used to the screen again for flying, but, in goggles it all is way better. :)

last annoyance - this controller does not fit into a fly more bag if it has 2 batteries on the bottom in there. that, actually, sucks quite bad. need to think now how to move it, as i like that bag very much.
hmm. it actually does fit, if pushed in at the angle and 'suppressed' (c) alice in wonderland :) - but this way its screen presses into the drone a bit. hmm. greedy dji even did not include a cloth sock for this remote to be in, but, i should have something similar to protect the screen

Works for me with the flap out of the way and 2 batteries sideways at the bottom. Just fits at the top so you can zip it up.

so, the fun begins,...

this android asks if it wants to use SD card as an portable storage or as an internal one. i guess it is safer to set it as a portable?

YES, PORTABLE (in case no one answered below). Internal merges the two memories allowing apps to be installed across both memories which is wanted when older Android devices had very limited internal memory. You want to be able to remove the card and read it outside of the controller - PORTABLE.

HD3 fatsharks worked fine, to a limit of what they can do. at least there were no obvious issues like wrong sync, totally off colors, etc. it is what it is for a 720p feed.
Now i wish i bought HDO, that would probably be a way better, but, it still works and image is clear. i think with time i will get used to the screen again for flying, but, in goggles it all is way better. :)

last annoyance - this controller does not fit into a fly more bag if it has 2 batteries on the bottom in there. that, actually, sucks quite bad. need to think now how to move it, as i like that bag very much.
hmm. it actually does fit, if pushed in at the angle and 'suppressed' (c) alice in wonderland :) - but this way its screen presses into the drone a bit. hmm. greedy dji even did not include a cloth sock for this remote to be in, but, i should have something similar to protect the screen

upscreen® Scratch Shield Clear Premium Screen Protector for DJI Smart Controller

Reactions: 747P4
I got mine tonight. Really nice. I notice a tiny bit of light bleed on the right side of the screen where it meets plastic. Maybe 2/3 down screen. About 1/4” long area.

Anyone else notice this. It’s a little bit annoying.

Ok, i am now questioning my sanity. :)
The rotation of flying map on the controller - is it rotated 90deg clockwise from what it should be or was it always like that? So when you look at map and drone flies away straight - on a map it always was moving to the right?

On 2 forums at least several ppl complain that new controller is wrong and others say it was always like that. Who is right? I think it would be more intuitive for map to be aligned with your position, point controller to north and map should point north, not west or east?

Hmm I’ve only used my iPhone so far plugged into stock controller but I never recall forward flight showing it moving right. Perhaps a setting you can toggle.

Hmm I’ve only used my iPhone so far plugged into stock controller but I never recall forward flight showing it moving right
It is an easy test - if you go and stand on a curb of a street - is map rotated showing you parallel to road or perpendicular to it? Controller shows parallel. And it seems my pixel does same. Odd.

e4a36d000795b04e75e518925bda84f3.jpg

Is it this option where you toggle one of those two choices?

Nice one. A very good solution. You may like this mounting bracket I found in European Amazon (specifically Spain) but I guess some will order it soon in other countries. It is almost as seeing a smart controller, I will provide you two links and some pictures.

https://www.amazon.es/dp/B07MR3YH2L...olid=2F38PR7OY4ZKE&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

https://www.amazon.es/dp/B07MDJTRH2...olid=2F38PR7OY4ZKE&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

View attachment 60619View attachment 60620View attachment 60621
What about the CS buttons? Do you have s picture of that side of the controller?

If you've only used IOS up until now, there is somewhat of a learning curve going to the android system (at least it was for me).

On my iphone, I always had internet wherever I went through my provider, and as such, my maps always instantly loaded and of course it used google maps. I got used to this system and loved it.

When I went to android, and more specifically, the android system on the Crystalsky (which is worse because it's so clunky compared to android phones), I had to learn about the new style of maps and had to make sure everything was set to load when I flew away from my home WIFI. This included making sure I cached all the maps in my area and making sure I connected my phone hotspot to my crystalsky so I could get my maps to load where ever I went to fly... it seemed that even though I cached my maps, they never seemed to work they way they should when I didn't have internet (wifi) connected to my Crystalsky. And even when I did, the maps really were not as good as google maps (IOS).

ok, so i also chatted with support on it, they could not say anything intelligent and took it offline for an investigation. will see what will transpire.
other than that i am quite happy so far. did you do a range test? it is odd to see several reports of people losing connection from 100yds to 1000ft - not sure what gives, mine works flawlessly in that aspect it seems.

I USING DJI SMART CONTROLLER , BUT DJI GO 4 APP HANG ON THAT TIME, AROUND 3 MINS , I LOST CONTROL, BUT AFTERTHAT THE APPS CLOSED AUTOMATIC, I RE OPEN THE DJI GO 4 TO RECONNECT THE MAVIC 2 PRO, OH MY GOD I FEEL SHOCK AT THAT TIME! LOSING MY CONFIDENCE!!!!!!

Attachments

• 50675755_10156319440414195_5534872466855297024_n.jpg
    50675755_10156319440414195_5534872466855297024_n.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 33
i like to use this tiny bag than hardcase

Attachments

• 20190120_075102.jpg
    20190120_075102.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 26
  • 20190129_190555.jpg
    20190129_190555.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 28
Got home with the controller and had time for 1 flight. Turned on the bird and controller, and it updated the firmware on the bird almost instantly. I have always had to hook it up to the assistant before, so that was a nice difference. Flew in my back yard and was able to go a little farther out than i had been able to with the standard remote. Picked up some d ring picture hangers and 4mm x 10mm socket head for a lanyard. Everything including the moverios fit inside the BP250 drone guard bag. I think I am set up now.

20190128_185506.jpg

Reactions: ff22
So, is it a fact or a delusion that ios and Android maps have different orientation?

so, i found an old ipad in the drawer and checked it myself. yes, it is indeed so. on my android phone and on smart controller when i open my map facing my street in front of the house it shows on the right side. map is rotated.
when i open app on the ipad - it shows correctly in front of me. it is a fact, and it seems to be android app related. in google maps compass pointer is oriented correctly toward the street.

controller updates the firmware right now - seems they have pushed a patch, for something, it still updating.

HURRAAAYY!!!! they have pushes 4.3.12 GO4 into it. marvelous!

and, map is fixed now. excellent. all is good.

Last edited:
Reactions: ff22
When I try to connect to my mavic 2 pro from the new controller it says new firmware is avaiable - when I select to start updating it shows a Network Connected then a "Connected Do.." inthe blue button (horrible UI design) then immediately says "Update Failed. Restart the Equipment and try again later. Reason: network disconnected Reconnect to continue downloading."

After this no amout of resets restarts ect.. changes anything!

OK to followup - there is an entire thread covering this bug. I got around my issue by updating the firmware with my old controller and ipad mini.

Now I have to carry both controllers and the ipad and cables until i know for sure they sorted out update issues. NOT HAPPY! You would think they would have even slightly tested this - also no one could have ever looked at the prompts on the new controller in English - as the text does not fit in the response button...

Last edited:
Reactions: maven4336
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead