DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic2 smart controller....

Just Received mine this morning via Fed Ex!

From what I can tell looking at the Fed Ex History on this - is that they shipped these to the U.S. without documentation (length, weight, and Manfufacturer's ID number). and there were setting in customs waiting for that information to be forwarded. As soon as they had clearance they updated the documentation and they were released.

Actaully this was quite clever, rather than having them setting in China waiting for clearance.

Last edited:
HD3 fatsharks worked fine, to a limit of what they can do. at least there were no obvious issues like wrong sync, totally off colors, etc. it is what it is for a 720p feed.
Now i wish i bought HDO, that would probably be a way better, but, it still works and image is clear. i think with time i will get used to the screen again for flying, but, in goggles it all is way better. :)

last annoyance - this controller does not fit into a fly more bag if it has 2 batteries on the bottom in there. that, actually, sucks quite bad. need to think now how to move it, as i like that bag very much.
hmm. it actually does fit, if pushed in at the angle and 'suppressed' (c) alice in wonderland :) - but this way its screen presses into the drone a bit. hmm. greedy dji even did not include a cloth sock for this remote to be in, but, i should have something similar to protect the screen

I got this case for my smart controller from Amazon...
It’s for a boat GPS device ... fits nice but not big enough to put charger and cable ...
ec809756bf6eeb29e3a17b932dfcd860.jpg
50927847ba6b70ca3cb1b9152cd088b5.jpg

I got this case for my smart controller from Amazon...
It’s for a boat GPS device ... fits nice but not big enough to put charger and cable ...

do you know, if you looked - is there on amazon anything that can be screwed into the smart controller`s base holes to attach a neck strap? those holes oddly have same thread as joysticks, i noticed, but it has no use.

do you know, if you looked - is there on amazon anything that can be screwed into the smart controller`s base holes to attach a neck strap? those holes oddly have same thread as joysticks, i noticed, but it has no use.

4mm D Ring Screws will screw into the bottom holes. What im planning to do is use the shoulder strap on the fly more bag, clipped on to the D rings.

I saw a you tube video .... a diy solution that wasn’t too bad... the guy got 2 screws (with Allen wrench heads,his preference)and 2 pieces that are used on the back of a picture to string the wire through , spray painted them black and hooked the lanyard through them ... seemed ok but you could see where the paint peeled off .... sorry no link

I saw a you tube video .... a diy solution that wasn’t too bad... the guy got 2 screws (with Allen wrench heads,his preference)and 2 pieces that are used on the back of a picture to string the wire through , spray painted them black and hooked the lanyard through them ... seemed ok but you could see where the paint peeled off .... sorry no link

Screws are metric ... forgot the size .... bring joystick to hardware store...

Heres the link mentioned in the above i believe

HD3 fatsharks worked fine, to a limit of what they can do. at least there were no obvious issues like wrong sync, totally off colors, etc. it is what it is for a 720p feed.
Now i wish i bought HDO, that would probably be a way better, but, it still works and image is clear. i think with time i will get used to the screen again for flying, but, in goggles it all is way better. :)

last annoyance - this controller does not fit into a fly more bag if it has 2 batteries on the bottom in there. that, actually, sucks quite bad. need to think now how to move it, as i like that bag very much.
hmm. it actually does fit, if pushed in at the angle and 'suppressed' (c) alice in wonderland :) - but this way its screen presses into the drone a bit. hmm. greedy dji even did not include a cloth sock for this remote to be in, but, i should have something similar to protect the screen

It DOES fit in the flymore bag - if you flip up the side pocket divider you can place two batteries together on their side at the bottom. The smart controller will then sit on top of them and there is just enough room to zip up the top.

Reactions: khabbi
How does it compare to your distance with the stock remote?

Did not get to fly very , wind started blasting,looks like it will do the same, want to mention that I was connected to my WiFi at home. I took to a park I fly at and could not get a return to home message at park, still I pushed return to home button and drone came back but did not do a precision landing, may have been my fault do to take off, still never once have I haven’t got that message on reg controller, since it uses android may be the problem there we all know android has a lot of bugs my phantom for pro plus does that quite often and will not give me a return the whole message but it still will come back in land and do a precision landing I’m going to do more testing tomorrow and decide if I’m going to keep it if you have not bought this controller do not buy it yet let me come back with a little bit of information

Well, my shipping status just turned to this! What the? Looks like I may not be getting mine on Friday after all.

Have you guys that ordered checked your status? Are you seeing something similar?

View attachment 60326
I got the exact same message. Glad I'm not the only one. I have contacted DJI and they are very vague about what they're going to do about it, but they say they are "communicating with Fedex."

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard