DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Max Distance 325' (100m) With Payload?

raymacke

Reactions
I was flying in my heavily wooded back yard and had the prop guards on. I was surprised when it stopped and gave me a warning that I had reached maximum distance at about 325'. I tried it several times with the same result. I went out in the open and again confirmed the limit and then removed the prop guards. I flew out to 1000' with no sign of the limit. I can't find that in the manual but I guess it is active with a payload.

The app will put a message up saying payload detected and the limits imposed because of it. But it's brief so you can't really read it and could easily miss it altogether.

There's a separate document for the prop guards (cage?). Limits might be there.

There is a toggle for payload mode in the DJI Fly menu under Safety > Advanced Settings. You may be able to use this option to override the restrictions. It might force it back on though, I haven't tried it myself.

if the prop guards are fitted it does restrict the flight envelope and it detects that they are fitted whether the toggle switch is set to on or off that switch is mainly for if you use the DJI payload accessories that can be purchased

Reactions: kcfyrproof
@DanMan32 is correct. There's also a warning about it being over 250 g with the prop guards installed. Keep that in mind if you're flying anywhere other than the comfort of your own backyard.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Black Wolf