DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Max distance, on average?

You could sell it and try and buy a fcc model, or get very hany with a soldering iron and replace the transmitter board. However the fcc version performs worse than the ce model in the UK(GPS location detects its outside the USA and limits the transmit power), so kinda pointless.

If you're after range that can take you even further beyond VLOS limits then try a yagi or parabolic reflector clip-on for your controller.
Thank you for this. The parabolic reflectors really work?

Thank you for this. The parabolic reflectors really work?
I've not personally felt the need to try them but know a few people who have used them and had noticable range increase. They focus the signal in 1 direction kind of like a flashlight beam, so you need to keep the reflectors pointing at the drone to maintain signal.

They aren't a miracle boost, but you could reasonably expect 30% better range.

Reactions: Buel
I've not personally felt the need to try them but know a few people who have used them and had noticable range increase. They focus the signal in 1 direction kind of like a flashlight beam, so you need to keep the reflectors pointing at the drone to maintain signal.

They aren't a miracle boost, but you could reasonably expect 30% better range.
Even 10% would be nice. Thank you.

P.S. Same distance restrictions for all Mavics in th UK?
Same distance restrictions for any drone: Basically you need to always be able to see it clearly. That was in the old rules and is in the new rules too. Theres a nominal limit of 500m implied in the rules, but with the mini being quite small the reality is nobody can honestly claim to see it well enough to have proper VLOS at 500m. I tried, and got to about 375m, at which point it was just a dot that was very easy to lose sight of.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
googleplazadorn