DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Max Mini Speed

Kozmo1235

Reactions
Greetings fellow drone pilots,
Well I've had my mini for about a month or so now and always listened to the do's and dont's I read about on the internet and watch on youtube. I'm very careful with my drone, never pushing it to far but for the first couple of weeks, I had to know it's limits so I would push it too close to it's breaking point(returning home with just 2% battery remaining O_O!!,etc...). One thing, I have noticed on my distance test flights(always flown against the wind at start and used the wind on RTH) was that the drone would never go past 29MPH even with strong wind at it's back. Then one day, out of laziness I let the RTH autopilot bring my drone back for me while I went to grab a drink real quick(only toke 30 seconds), I left the autopilot on then pressed the joystick forward to see what would happen and lo and behold I seem to have broke past the 29mph limit that my mini could never get past. So anyways, sorry for the long story and wall of text but in short, the RTH plus your added controller input will make the mini break the 29 mph limit and so far I've seen speeds up to 35mph, I wonder has anyone gotten their mini's faster then that? or know anyother ways to speed to the mini's speed limit?

Fly smart, stay safe out there and have fun everyone!

Kozmo1235Annotation 2020-04-03 233314.jpg

Greetings fellow drone pilots,
Well I've had my mini for about a month or so now and always listened to the do's and dont's I read about on the internet and watch on youtube. I'm very careful with my drone, never pushing it to far but for the first couple of weeks, I had to know it's limits so I would push it too close to it's breaking point(returning home with just 2% battery remaining O_O!!,etc...). One thing, I have noticed on my distance test flights(always flown against the wind at start and used the wind on RTH) was that the drone would never go past 29MPH even with strong wind at it's back. Then one day, out of laziness I let the RTH autopilot bring my drone back for me while I went to grab a drink real quick(only toke 30 seconds), I left the autopilot on then pressed the joystick forward to see what would happen and lo and behold I seem to have broke past the 29mph limit that my mini could never get past. So anyways, sorry for the long story and wall of text but in short, the RTH plus your added controller input will make the mini break the 29 mph limit and so far I've seen speeds up to 35mph, I wonder has anyone gotten their mini's faster then that? or know anyother ways to speed to the mini's speed limit?

Fly smart, stay safe out there and have fun everyone!

Kozmo1235View attachment 97888

Interesting, ive took the Mini out for a quick test and didnt even manage to get to 29MPH in sport mode, closest was 28.4mph, I may (if i ever get out to fly) test this.

Apparently I must have missed where he wrote stock 249 gram mini. I won't post again until I get my eyes checked. Sorry everyone for the inconvenience and waste of your time reading my post. :)

Apparently I must have missed where he wrote stock 249 gram mini. I won't post again until I get my eyes checked. Sorry everyone for the inconvenience and waste of your time reading my post. :)

I enjoyed your post, didn’t know about the possible mods, can you post a link please

Different strokes for different folks - some who have the ability and capacity, enjoy the challenge and adventure of creating and pushing the envelope and sharing. Some are more easily satisfied.
Each to their own. For me, this thread has been nothing short of amazing! Me and other people, all around the world, have benefited from the information presented in this thread. What’s next? We have not gotten to the end of this! This information will open other doors.
I would like to thank everyone who has contributed and shared their information.

Reactions: Justinswidebody
I'm inland from the Pacific ocean and get a consistent on shore breeze in the afternoon. During windy periods I fly into the wind and I've seen return speeds a little over 30 mph.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krasto