Reactions
Hi everyone!
Anyone of you guys encounter this "max radius reached" even tho the:
1. Distance limit turned off
2. Begginer's mode turned off
3. Account logged in GO4
4. Homepoint already been updated.
5. Gps mode on.

Sunny friday afternoon somewhere in middle east. I was riding a yacht while warming up the aircraft. Everything seems normal until i decided yo take off. After few seconds, i have flew 170ft away from me then boom! Then came this warning max radius has been reached and i can not roll/thrust anymore. I had the control only for the left joystick (mode2). Just have been lucky to recover it by the cooperation of the sailor of the yacht. He was able to bring us under the drone, against heavy waves. After 3-4 tries, my brother had the chance to grab the mavic's arm and that's it. I started breathing again.

Reactions: MrPeteZa
You have to log into your DJI AC and maybe update firmware.
Controlling us..

I don't think I have ever heard of a "succesful" boat launch. The boat is moving, home point is not.
Plus, all the water just waiting to swallow the Mavic into the depths of the sea.........

"Just call me Ishmial".......

I don't think I have ever heard of a "succesful" boat launch. The boat is moving, home point is not.
Plus, all the water just waiting to swallow the Mavic into the depths of the sea.........

Yeah i think this is the reason why. It is moving like 3-5/second because of the waves. Even it is anchored on.

im seeing more and more of this max radius stuff - the fix ive heard working is to remove DJI go, reboot tablet and re-install from the app/play store. You will then be asked to sign-in, and it should get rid of the max radius.

Reactions: Gray_seagull
im seeing more and more of this max radius stuff - the fix ive heard working is to remove DJI go, reboot tablet and re-install from the app/play store. You will then be asked to sign-in, and it should get rid of the max radius.
Assuming one is still on DJI GO4 iOS Ver. 4.0.4 your proposed procedure would result in updating to the newest Ver. 4.1.3 . Assuming one would like to prefere staying on one of the previous versions, in this case Ver. 4.0.4, which procedure would then apply? Do I see this wrong?

Reactions: Flycaster

haven't tried to take it in the air til now but i already uninstall/install the GO 4 App.

Using my brand new dji goggles with my one year old mavic, all updated, from a boat the same happenned. This Max radius message appeared not allowing the drone to fly far away.
I went back to the ipad connection, disconnecting the goggles and no problem with max radius.
Do not ask me why!
The more sofisticated the drone wierder reactions you can expect at least at sea!!

Expected behaviour. The aircraft needs to see a connected smart device running the go app with a user logged in when it first starts. Once it has seen it, the limits are removed and you can disconnect the smart device and fly with only goggles if you wish.

This is why I have never updated anything, AC , Controller, App, batteries. Anything. Period.

I have zero issues with camera focus issues/gimbal resets, zero NFZ issues, and zero "questions"/quizes before I fly, and zero distance/height limits reached.

AC is on 0.400, DJIGo App 4.0.4, DJI Assistant dunno, installed it to register AC and never updated it or used it again. This was back in June/July last year.

When I do power up my AC at home, the props are off, just like my wifi. My DJI hardware talks to DJI when I want it to........

Reactions: sonof40
Yeah i think this is the reason why. It is moving like 3-5/second because of the waves. Even it is anchored on.

Wouldn't the home point update if you turn on Dynamic Homepoint?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mavic 3 classic User