DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Maximum Altitude Setting Not Working

I have not changed it. Is 30m the default setting? I did do a Firmware Update to both the drone and the SC tongiht. Would doing so reset it to a default setting?
I haven't heard of Max Altitude limits failing anyone else.
The best thing to do would be to do some simple testing.
See if it flies higher than 30 metres.
If it does, the limit is not 30 metres.
Set the limit lower .. see if you can set it to 25 metres and test again.
Then try 40 metres and see how that goes.

Reactions: MRomine and ff22

I will try to do that over the remaining part of the weekend.

It's working now. Set it to 30m, it stopped the drone at 98'. Set it to 100m and it stopped at 328'.

Last edited:
Reactions: Meta4
Well guess what? Flying the same commercial job, in Class D airspace with a 100ft ceiling. It did it again yesterday. I triple checked my settings, I had both the RTH and Maximum Altitude set at 30m and I was able to fly above 100ft. In post number #23, when I did that test I was in Class G airspace. Is it possible that there is some kind of software conflict happening between the "Unlocking License" from DJI and the maximum altitude setting?

Software glitch or something else?

Last edited:
Reached out to DJI Support yesterday and they explained what is happening. Since I have an "Unlocking License" enabled for the Class D airspace that I am flying in, it overrides any manually set altitude settings. In this case the "Unlocking License" is set for 120m thus this is why I am able to exceed my manually input 30m setting.

My reply is not going to be helpful and so I apologize before hand.. Welcome to the world of Mavic Pro.. I've been working with one for just about a week now and it is the most convoluted operating system I have ever encountered. I actually like the drone and when it flies it works fine but trying to figure out how to program thing ... let alone enter an unlock code has to have been designed by people that really hate anything simple. i just discovered while looking at my smart controller inside when trying to unlock a code a screen pops up and if you look closely there are two check off blocks to the right you must click on.. they are so faint that when you are out in daylight you can't see them.

Reactions: ff22
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada