DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Maximum range

Why rent a boat when you have a quad with a camera? :p

If everyone here really stays in line of sight with their drone (which I truly don't believe) I'd be much better off spending my money on a quality DLSR with a zoom lens to be honest.
Because using/renting a boat is legal in most countries, using a drone beyond VLOS isn't. ;);)
I'm sure not everyone does fly VLOS, in just the same way that not everyone obeys speed limits when driving and not everyone obeys the don't drink and drive law - but that doesn't make it right.
I myself have flown out of VLOS on rare occasions, but I haven't flown 2 miles or so! (My eyesight isn't what it used to be when I was 20-something) I'm not meaning to come across as holier than thou. I just don't understand why some people would put expensive equipment to such risk when that risk can be so easily mitigated. It's not a who has the biggest competition (or in this case who can fly the furthest).

Having a DLSR with a zoom lens is a choice, but that won't help you film things from above. On the other hand....

Fly safe brother!

Reactions: cderoche
Because using/renting a boat is legal in most countries, using a drone beyond VLOS isn't. ;);)
I'm sure not everyone does fly VLOS, in just the same way that not everyone obeys speed limits when driving and not everyone obeys the don't drink and drive law - but that doesn't make it right.
I myself have flown out of VLOS on rare occasions, but I haven't flown 2 miles or so! (My eyesight isn't what it used to be when I was 20-something) I'm not meaning to come across as holier than thou. I just don't understand why some people would put expensive equipment to such risk when that risk can be so easily mitigated. It's not a who has the biggest competition (or in this case who can fly the furthest).

Having a DLSR with a zoom lens is a choice, but that won't help you film things from above. On the other hand....

Fly safe brother!

Gotcha. I carry insurance on my drone just in case ;)

Gotcha. I carry insurance on my drone just in case ;)
Will insurance pay if you are outside VLOS? Or be challenged concerning VLOS? For instance if I'm watching my AC travel from left to right at 1500 ft with flashing cree lights and it drops from the sky and damages something, will insurance pay?

Will insurance pay if you are outside VLOS? Or be challenged concerning VLOS? For instance if I'm watching my AC travel from left to right at 1500 ft with flashing cree lights and it drops from the sky and damages something, will insurance pay?

If you have State Farm and live in USA they will.

To clarify my question, I was targeting the separate drone insurance. But I do have State Farm and I should have considered them. After all, they know a thing or two because they’ve seen a thing or two.

To clarify my question, I was targeting the separate drone insurance. But I do have State Farm and I should have considered them. After all, they know a thing or two because they’ve seen a thing or two.

lol I thought that was Farmers Insurance :p

Yes $60 a year full coverage for everything I ever bought for my Mavic, $0 deductible. Protects you from theft, and if you crash the Mavic, doesn't matter if it was your own fault. (trust me I know, used them already for Mavic #1)
I have other insurance elsewhere, only have State Farm for my drone. They told me its basically like buying insurance for your DSLR or other personal article. Think of your Mavic as a flying personal article I guess.

lol I thought that was Farmers Insurance :p

Yes $60 a year full coverage for everything I ever bought for my Mavic, $0 deductible. Protects you from theft, and if you crash the Mavic, doesn't matter if it was your own fault. (trust me I know, used them already for Mavic #1)
I have other insurance elsewhere, only have State Farm for my drone. They told me its basically like buying insurance for your DSLR or other personal article. Think of your Mavic as a flying personal article I guess.
“I thought that was Farmers Insurance”. Oh, you are right.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803