DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Maybe a dumb question, but...

marnat3

Reactions
I had someone look at my crashed Mavic and they said it needed a gimbal ( i knew that), A lower shell (knew that too) , and they said the "main board needs replacing" and I thought I knew which that was but somehow confused myself. Is the main the one with the ESC's or is it he lower vision board? Sorry if this has been clearedup before but did not find it in search.

I had someone look at my crashed Mavic and they said it needed a gimbal ( i knew that), A lower shell (knew that too) , and they said the "main board needs replacing" and I thought I knew which that was but somehow confused myself. Is the main the one with the ESC's or is it he lower vision board? Sorry if this has been clearedup before but did not find it in search.
Yes the Main Board is with the ESC on the Mavic. So if the ESC goes bad they replace the main mother board , i think is what your asking.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic Pro in the Rain

Thank you. My Mavic responds to the remote as far as start-up and throttle up.
Even telling me there are no props attached.
That is why I got confused, wouldnt the ESC prevent that from happening?
Or is there more to the main board?

The guy who looked at it just said main board needs replacing.
I'm not sure why he recommended that because of the above post here.
What else is on that board that I can check for replacement reasons?

Well now I'm really confused.
I just took the crashed Mavic and hooked it up to DjI assistant and it needed a couple of updates.
All went well, except I cannot see any firware versions, not even the current one.
I also tried to calibrate the vision sensors, forward , all good. Lower failed.
Figured I would try and hover, BOOM ,it hovers and responds to all R/C commands.Thumbswayup
But... I got this screen. Now I know about the gimbal issues but this makes me think its not the main board but the lower vision board that needs replacing.
am I correct or does the main board have something to do with these errors/Screenshot_2020-11-21-21-01-58.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drico