DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Maybe a way to do mapping with the Mavic 3

honkihonk

Reactions
I just watched a live video of a guy showing (in Greek I believe) how to import waypoints via kmz file by renaming them to existing waypoint files:

If this works for camera behaviour aswell this method might be open to use for mapping grids.

I just watched a live video of a guy showing (in Greek I believe) how to import waypoints via kmz file by renaming them to existing waypoint files:

If this works for camera behaviour aswell this method might be open to use for mapping grids.
It was all greek to me (seriously!)
Were they talking about flying the mapping Route, stitching the photos together to create a map or both?

I don't speak Greek either. As I understood it, they were talking about creating waypoint missions in DJI Flighthub 2 and then importing them to be used in DJI Fly.

If anyone wants to try this out in English with instructions, I'd be thrilled to see it work. If not, I'll try and do it myself in the coming days. I also wonder if there is a way to edit other files and manipulate the Fly app database to create our own files off line, or on a computer.

If anyone wants to try this out in English with instructions, I'd be thrilled to see it work. If not, I'll try and do it myself in the coming days. I also wonder if there is a way to edit other files and manipulate the Fly app database to create our own files off line, or on a computer.
I will try when I get around to it. The import worked fir me but the waypoints are rather randomly linked with lines. The format to be accepted seems to be the same as for the Pilot 2 App for the Enterprise Versions, which is detailed here:

With this information it should be a matter of time until there is a third party flight planner that exports this format. UgCS already seems to be able to export to DJI Pilot 2 but the pricing is a little steep for hobbyists like me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alex Leys
FWIW- somebody once posted something that showed that with a M2P you could load the DJI Pilot App (the first one) and fly mapping missions with it.
also there is Map Pilot Pro, which is free- but i dont know if either of these can be used on a drone that doesnt have an SDK for 3rd party software.

can we use the Mavic 3 for mapping at all? Thought you needed a Mechanical shutter...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661