DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mech Error - loss of control

I can only speak from experience.

I have not calibrated any settings, compass, IMU, control sticks etc since I've owned it. I've now had about 10 flights without any issues at all. I took the Mavic from Australia to Bali 2 weeks ago and had perfectly good flights, no issues at all, and no messages from the DJI app to do any calibrating. I had solid GPS locks, perfect hovering, control stick responses at all times.

I have not attempted to fly in ATTI mode yet so I can't comment how it would fly in that mode.

Cheers :)

I think I'm going to calibrate according to the manual. I drove 1000 miles I calibrated and flew. I came back I calibrated and flew. I travel about 80 miles a day to and from work. I will not calibrate between trips. I haven't with the Phantom and I won't with the Mavic. I am not calibrating unless I see indicators in flight, travel a significant distance (100 miles or more) prompted to do so or I fly in significantly different terrain. The IMU, not touching it unless I have issues or I am prompted.

There are a lot of good replies and intel on this issue. There are a handful of videos on YouTube showing malfunctions which I believe are hardware related. It's great if there is a firmware fix. I also think that DJI's November 3rd letter addressed a production issue related to a part which I believe could be the controller issue.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61