DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Meeting with a high voltage wire. Compass error.

So you’ve never magnetised a needle by rubbing it through wool and then floated it on water to use as a compass? Any of the steel in the components of our drones can become magnetised by passing it through a strong electrical field and this can introduce a bad correlation between the 2 solid state compasses set at each end of the mp1. All that you are doing with a degaussing tool is demagnetising these components so that the 2 compasses agree. This of course depends on the drone not being in a disturbed magnetic field!

Make sure you move it far away from the AC before switching off. The way the demagnetisers work is alternating current creating alternating magnetic fields. When you stop the current, the magnetic field briefly becomes static before collapsing. That brief field magnetises objects near it.

When using a degaussing coil on CRTs, you move it away until you no longer see it influence the screen. Then you turn it off.

Reactions: BossBob
Make sure you move it far away from the AC before switching off. The way the demagnetisers work is alternating current creating alternating magnetic fields. When you stop the current, the magnetic field briefly becomes static before collapsing. That brief field magnetises objects near it.

When using a degaussing coil on CRTs, you move it away until you no longer see it influence the screen. Then you turn it off.
Does not work. A friend has a device for magnetizing and demagnetizing screwdrivers. I'll try this device.

post-14972-0-30050100-1520432079.jpg
I hope this helps me

If that doesn't help me. Then I read a lot about the special demagnetizer for drones. Then I buy it, very expensive (

The blue device for demagnetizing the screwdrivers did not help. As a result, I traveled to a neighboring city, a man had this cfixer. He 3 times used this device. I tested the drone for 50 minutes, I discharged 3 batteries - my problem is solved. Thanks for the help guys

Reactions: Thomas B
The blue device for demagnetizing the screwdrivers did not help. As a result, I traveled to a neighboring city, a man had this cfixer. He 3 times used this device. I tested the drone for 50 minutes, I discharged 3 batteries - my problem is solved. Thanks for the help guys

I'm surprised that the blue demagnetizer didn't work - I have one of those that seems to work just fine. It's not as if there is any magical ingredient to demagnetizing - you just need sufficiently strong alternating magnetic field. Does anyone know what frequency the CFixer operates at?

I'm surprised that the blue demagnetizer didn't work - I have one of those that seems to work just fine. It's not as if there is any magical ingredient to demagnetizing - you just need sufficiently strong alternating magnetic field. Does anyone know what frequency the CFixer operates at?
No, but it is universal without settings to change. Worked well for me.

Most demagnetisers use household AC and takes advantage of its normal frequency 50/60hz. That's why they can be inexpensive. That frequency should be fine. What's needed is a proper dispersion and strength of field, and a means of fading the field before it's cut off or else the field collapse on shut off will magnetize. Typically moving the device away before powering off suffices as the field fade. As I understand it, CFixer uses DC for power which means it needs it's own oscillator and power driver transistors or related.

The screwdriver demagnetiser might have had an enclosed or limited field.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven