DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Meeting with a high voltage wire. Compass error.

sam_drango

Reactions
Today, before takeoff, I did not look up, at the top was a high-voltage wire. The drone caught on this wire and hung (caught on a beam), I turned off the motors and the drone began to fall, I caught my drone. No damage (small scratches). But now both compasses are in the red zone and calibration does not help. The compass error pops up and the atti mode turns on. Help me solve the problem.

Today, before takeoff, I did not look up, at the top was a high-voltage wire. The drone caught on this wire and hung (caught on a beam), I turned off the motors and the drone began to fall, I caught my drone. No damage (small scratches). But now both compasses are in the red zone and calibration does not help. The compass error pops up and the atti mode turns on. Help me solve the problem.

Depending on the type of transmission line, it's possible that the compasses and/or other aircraft components have become magnetized, so if they are reporting in the red then the next step is to try demagnetizing the aircraft.

Reactions: Mossiback
Depending on the type of transmission line, it's possible that the compasses and/or other aircraft components have become magnetized, so if they are reporting in the red then the next step is to try demagnetizing the aircraft.
Is this the only way to solve my problem? Can I replace the compasses? Or how to properly and cheaply demagnetize?

If you can find a picture tube degausser from the days when TVs were commonly repaired, you can use that. You can also use a bulk tape eraser. Just be sure you move the degausser/eraser a distance away from the AC before turning off, or else you'll magnetize the AC.

It was neat watching a TV picture go splotchy as you used the degausser, and stay that way if you turned off too close to the tube.

Sam why take apart the ac and try to replace the compass....seems like more of a headache....get the degausser and try that

If you can find a picture tube degausser from the days when TVs were commonly repaired, you can use that. You can also use a bulk tape eraser. Just be sure you move the degausser/eraser a distance away from the AC before turning off, or else you'll magnetize the AC.

It was neat watching a TV picture go splotchy as you used the degausser, and stay that way if you turned off too close to the tube.
My grandfather said that he has a device in the garage for demagnetizing kinoscopes. Tomorrow I’ll go watch and try

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan