DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mem card message: 'slow'?

Buel

Reactions
Hi all, how do I find the speed of this mem card that I am using?
After a quick Google I found this:
Video Speed Class V30 designation, meaning the card can sustain at least 30MB/s continuous video recording. It also has the UHS Speed Class U3 rating that also has the same minimum continuous write speed. The card supports up to 60MB/s maximum write speed according to SanDisk

What does my MM2 record at? Would formatting it help, as was advised by the message on the MM2 yesterday?

thumbnail_Image.jpg

Are you certain the card is a genuine card?
I would be inclined to check its capacity with H2testw, be warned it may take a couple of hours to run the write & read tests.
There are Android apps that can read manufacturers details from the card and, I think, others that can speed test.

I use Samsung cards from Amazon, I think the seller was City of memory15, no problems and I test every card with the above H2Testw. I have bought a few kosher brand new cards elsewhere but the majority were fakes, I got my money back on those. Since I switched to buying 'from' Amazon I have not had a problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all, how do I find the speed of this mem card that I am using?
After a quick Google I found this:
Video Speed Class V30 designation, meaning the card can sustain at least 30MB/s continuous video recording. It also has the UHS Speed Class U3 rating that also has the same minimum continuous write speed. The card supports up to 60MB/s maximum write speed according to SanDisk

What does my MM2 record at? Would formatting it help, as was advised by the message on the MM2 yesterday?

View attachment 142452
I would do as suggested and format the card in the drone and see if that solves your issue.

If not then just buy a new card, these are the ones I use in the Mini 2 and never have any issues:

If purchasing don't buy from 3rd party sellers, there can sometimes be a risk of it being a fake card so stick with the big names whether online or in a physical shop.

Hope this helps.

Also, that is only an A1 card, you also need A2 since DJI is using Android - the OS is busy doing all sorts of things besides saving video.

And DJI is optimistic. They claim a Samsung EVO Plus is sufficient; it isn't; I had to move up to a Pro Plus. Finally I get smooth video.

Last edited:
1 Another related thread: Class U1 vs. U3 uSD Cards

2 I'm going to get a SanDisk 256 GB Extreme Pro and run the Read/Write tests.

Last edited:
Also the counterfeit cards issue mentioned above - I have seen counterfeit products that really looked like "genuine" name brand parts.
This is also true for other types of flash memory. I've even contacted the legitimate manufacturers and run flash serial numbers against their data bases.
The counterfeit parts almost universally fail an actual read/write speed test.
The take-a-way is to buy name brand parts from "trusted" supply chain channels.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS