DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Memory Card will not play on Goggles

We're taking about Goggles, I also use 64gb on the Mavic with no problem but the Goggles although DJI say Goggles support up to 64gb sd card but as myself and others found Goggles don't support the card's 64gb format of exFAT, hence all the talk.

Sorry to tell you guys but you are wrong! MP supports up to 128GB SD cards while Goggles supports up to 64GB formatted on both FAT32 and exFAT file systems... However, unlike the MP that writes files to the single folder it creates called DCIM, Goggles creates a set of folders such as: DJI_PHOTO, DJI_VIDEO, DJI_PANO etc... In order for the files to be accessed in the Goggles "LOCAL STORAGE" menu option, video files must be transferred to the DJI_VIDEO or DJI_PANO (panorama) folders, photo files to the DJI_PHOTO folder and so on. Note that video files with resolutions above 1080p (FHD) such as 2.7K or 4K will not appear on the Goggles screen because these resolutions are not supported and can not be played on it. I use Sandisk Extreme U1 SD cards (128GB in MP and 64GB in Goggles), both formatted in exFAT on my Windows 10 desktop, without the slightest problem... I hope I have helped.

Last edited:
Reactions: chipwich
Sorry to tell you guys but you are wrong! MP supports up to 128GB SD cards while Goggles supports up to 64GB formatted on both FAT32 and exFAT file systems... However, unlike the MP that writes files to the single folder it creates called DCIM, Goggles creates a set of folders such as: DJI_PHOTO, DJI_VIDEO, DJI_PANO etc... In order for the files to be accessed in the Goggles "LOCAL STORAGE" menu option, video files must be transferred to the DJI_VIDEO or DJI_PANO (panorama) folders, photo files to the DJI_PHOTO folder and so on. Note that video files with resolutions above 1080p (FHD) such as 2.7K or 4K will not appear on the Goggles screen because these resolutions are not supported and can not be played on it. I use Sandisk Extreme U1 SD cards (128GB in MP and 64GB in Goggles), both formatted in exFAT on my Windows 10 desktop, without the slightest problem... I hope I have helped.
Rrocha, I've the same problem, and I think your response is the most coherence. Because I see the rocket mode and asteroid, etc....but not the videos. So, It will be the resolution of the recorder videos. I will try later or tomorrow. Thanks!

Reactions: rrrocha
I successfully formatted 2 microSD cards (16GB ang 64GB) in my Goggles RE - it proves that the card reader works normally.
Then I copied some video files (MOV, MP4 / 1080p) onto these microSD cards into the root directory.
After that I tried to watch videos from these microSD cards in my Goggles RE in the "Local Storage" mode but got the error message "File List Empty".
The Goggles firmware version is the latest 1.00.0700.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22