DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mercari

Chaosrider

Reactions
I just got a pointer to the Mercari site. They have a lot of cool used DJI drone stuff!

Have any of you done business with them? If yeas, what was your experience, good, bad, or indifferent?

QA check appreciated!

Thx,

TCS

Reactions: Mavic lover
I think the Mercari site is similar to other sites that provide an avenue for individuals moving product. I haven’t checked lately, but isn’t it similar to Craigslist?

I sold a Mavic Air 2 on Mercari. It was a bit of a nail biter because as a seller, you don’t have the same protection as a buyer has and you have to wait 3 days max before you get your money AFTER the buyer has your item (drone). In the end it worked out, but it wasn’t without its little but if stress.

As a buyer, make sure whatever you are looking to buy has lots of good quality pictures of the item and research the seller, make sure he/she has good reviews. If you buy, when you get the drone, examine it thoroughly and test everything before you rate the item so you ensure you got what you paid for.

I’m going to be selling my M2P soon and I looked in to Mercari since my wife uses it for clothes. After reading up on it, and speaking with her as a seller also- hard pass! Their policies are garbage.

Mercari, like all of the similar sites is dangerous if you pay outside of Paypal because you have no recourse. It is the only site I have ever gotten scammed on.

It is the only site I have ever gotten scammed on
It should be safe if you pay with a credit card since those charges can be disputed.

I,ve picked up a couple of items there and it worked out but for the most part mercari as a sellar and a buyer i,ve found myself steering away from the site especially sells they hit you to pay upfront and i never got a hit at ebay I was packing and shiping the next day and untill all is right then they draw there percent and it is very reasonable so everybody wins the other not so much

My experience was opposite regarding eBay vs Mercari. I was getting sick of eBay as a seller because some buyers make up BS reasons to return and eBay didn’t protect me (seller) at all, believing the claim of buyers. One case I think the guy broke a piece of my camera and claimed it was defective (not a drone fyi).
Mercari for buyers is pretty good so far because you buy an item and it’s not as described you can complain within three days. I bought Mini 2 via Mercari and the seller was great and it still works after flying it for more than 6 months.
Is it a risk taking? Yes. But I see crazy prices sometimes on Mercari and it’s kind of worth taking the risk so far.

My experience was opposite regarding eBay vs Mercari. I was getting sick of eBay as a seller because some buyers make up BS reasons to return and eBay didn’t protect me (seller) at all, believing the claim of buyers. One case I think the guy broke a piece of my camera and claimed it was defective (not a drone fyi).
Mercari for buyers is pretty good so far because you buy an item and it’s not as described you can complain within three days. I bought Mini 2 via Mercari and the seller was great and it still works after flying it for more than 6 months.
Is it a risk taking? Yes. But I see crazy prices sometimes on Mercari and it’s kind of worth taking the risk so far.
I have a heavy bias toward buying new whenever I can. I've only bought one used drone, my Mini-1 Fly More Combo, and everything was exactly as advertised. I just flew it in the last few days.

I bought it from someone in this forum, and that will be my preference again if I go to buy another used drone. It's no guarantee, but I think it improves the odds.

I,m agreeing that ebay is becoming a real sore spot in my side for sure for half a dozen reasons

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obanat