DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Messed up flash or something.

serpa4

Reactions
In the past, I've flashed my MPP to 1.03.07 and 1.03.06 and back to 1.04.0100.
Last flash was to 1.03.0700 then to 1.04.000 with 305/306 deleted. However, it crashed in the middle of it.
Now I cannot flash at all. I've tried DMULdore, No Limits Dronez, and factory DJI assistant. Nothing will complete past 15%. All software that can read the FW says 1.03.0700. I can mod the settings for things like height and changed the decent rate. However, I get a motor current error (doesn't say overload), and I cannot use active track. When I land and when auto landing, it doesn't slow down, it lands pretty hard.
Here is what I've tried, many times.
Using DJI assistant 2 v1.2.0 only:

Assistant v.1.2.0 Trying to upgrade to 1.04.000 from mixed module of 1.03.0700 to 1.04.0000. According to NLD Mod Client it says my FW is 1.03.0700. Closed NLD Mod client (only used to verify FW).

Start assistant and shows Mavic is connected, also going to internet, IP ftp://192.168.42.2/ shows my 4 files listed: blackbox, flyctrl, upgrade, v2.

Assistant2: Downloading v1.04.0000 : 100%. Red solid front LED, Flashing Yellow rear.

Transmitting : 100%. Red solid front LED, Flashing Yellow rear.

Updating : 15% Update Failed (after 15 seconds). Red flashing front LED, Flashing Yellow rear. Front red LED turns off.

Upload Error Log. Red line says: undefined 0x032800. Restart the DJI device before updating the Firmware. Yellow rear light remains flashing throughout the process.

Retry selected 5-8 times over two days.

Lands too fast. If I hold down throttle, it will land at water speed I have it at. When using auto land, it very firmly lands.

Latest DUMLdore 2.14.0.0

Red LED solid, rear yellow flashing.

Assistant v.1.2.0 shows connected and FW version.

Turned off/exited Assistant 1.2.0

Started DUMLdore 2.14 .

Selected backup: Timed out attempting to contact the FTP server on the device.

You can test for connectivity by going to ftp:192.168.42.2 with a browser. If you cannot access via the IP address, check your RDNIS driver.

DUMLdore says on the bottom: FTP access failed.

I can, and always have been able to, get to 192.168.42.2. I can see and access and brows the files there.

Blackbox, flyctrl, upgrade,v2.

I can close the dialogue box from the error trying to backup and select load FW.

I select load firmware 1.04.0000 downloaded. (I’ve tried other FW also with same results).

I select flash: The firmware file will be sent to the device. Make sure you have at least 50% battery remaining. This will take up to 30 seconds. Press OK and wait for the confirmation dialog. I select OK. Mavic flashes red one time, and yellow remains flashing.

I close DUMLdore.

After a couple seconds the Front LED changes from Solid red to flashing. However, after a about 10 seconds, it goes out and stays out. Rear flashing yellow is still flashing yellow.

Not ever happens after this. I have to restart the mavic to get the front LED to come back on solid. However, even while LED is out on the front legs, I can still access the FTP address. And, if I restart assistant, It can still connect to the Mavic.

I can let this sit till the battery is dead. Nothing happens.

Next flashing effort suing NLD Mod client from No limits dronez. It requires assistant 1.1.2 so I uninstall assistant 1.2.0 and install 1.1.2 from their website.

Install NLD DJI assistant 1.1.2. Start Assistant.

Restart Mavic, red led is on, yellow rear flashing.

Start NLD app, says Mavic FW is 1.03.0700.

Select firmware manager, select upgrade: 1.03.100 which is the highest available option on NLD MOD.

Downloading FW. 100%. Flashing yellow rear, solid red front.

Downloading dependency: 100%

Uploading firmware: 100%. Front LED red and solid.

Flashing firmware progress bar, please wait, 7% 10:04, 15% at 12:04. 100% 12:04 immediately after 15%.

Uploading firmware phase 2. 100%.

Flashing firmware: 7% 12:04. 15% 12:05. 3 seconds later, 100%.

Flashing phase 3. Red LED solid. Uploading FW 100%

Flashing: red led flashing through 7%, then 15%, then immediately to 100%, LED goes solid.

Nothing happens, the process just stops.

I cannot get past 15%.

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
jeezus i hope u get this figured out, i did almost the same thing as u, i went to 103,700 then to 104,000 modded, mine hung at 99 which i hear is normal but it connected to my rc fine so i read thats fine, i struggled with a 32 bit pc and things didnt work right, once i got access to a better 64bit dumldore worked fine, silly question but did u start in adminitrator mode, i can send u the file i used so u can try it but i am sure the file isnt your issue, i dont get the motor over load error though, i did get the sd card error so had to put in one of those and all was fine, i changed the nfz parameters and i went to test it and it still got locked out so not sure whats up with that, did u try any of the mods u did, altitude nfz etc funny thing is on my mac running assistant 2 1.2 my firmware doesnt show up and on my pc with current assistant the firmware also doesnt show up, so drone breaks and such dont work as it doesnt know what firmware i have, does your do that too

halo, im using NLD, now upgrade from 03.700 to 03.900. but its take flashing firmware untill 9 phase? its normal?
or i force stop the upgrading progress? now phase 9... usually just 2 phase..

I've got the same situation. Not able to downgrade to 1.03.0700 from 1.04.0300 nor from 1.04.0000.
Previously, I've done that but also got 'motor current error' so flashed back the original 1.04.0300 again and it was ok.
With DUMLdore 3.07 and even 3.00 my flash is always finished right after 15% but afterwards DUMLdore says I'm still in 1.04.0000.

Did you managed to solve this?

same here, flashing phase 9 now ...I am on 1.04.300 nothing happens , after flashing it shwos alsways 0.300 firmware any ideas ?

I too had this issue.
It seems that NLD can only flash one firmware at a time and also that if you want to down or upgrade you must do the prior or post firmware, for example.
I have firmware "1" but firmware "4" is out, I cant go from 1 to 4, I must flash 2, reboot, flash 3, reboot then flash 4. Same in reverse for downgrading.

Reactions: CooperTowle
Same here, when i try to flash with Dumldore, it takes about a minute to upload the firmware. Then it says it's flashing, goes from 0 to 15 percent and it's finished. But its not flashed at all. The only program that actually works with my bird is NLD..

Same here, when i try to flash with Dumldore, it takes about a minute to upload the firmware. Then it says it's flashing, goes from 0 to 15 percent and it's finished. But its not flashed at all. The only program that actually works with my bird is NLD..
Which is odd because NLD uses Dumldore.
When I was stuck in the phase 8-9-10-11 flash cycle I pulled the plug.
Rebooted, tried again and no issues.
I think it may have a protected boot loader.

Last edited:
I know, i'm not sure what i'm doing wrong. I can't even install a mixed firmware because NLD doesn't support that and there is no other option for me.
Have you tried NLD on another PC?
Have you tried in compatabilty mode / run as admin.
Have you tried the DJI assistant to upgrade the firmware.

Have you tried NLD on another PC?
Have you tried in compatabilty mode / run as admin.
Have you tried the DJI assistant to upgrade the firmware.
NLD works for me. It's Dumldore and Dumlflasher that doesn't work for me. I tried Dumldore on 1 windows pc and Dumlflasher on 1 mac. Both same problem, goes from 0% to 15% and immediately to 100%. When i check firmware after the proces, it's still on the one i was before..

NLD works for me. It's Dumldore and Dumlflasher that doesn't work for me. I tried Dumldore on 1 windows pc and Dumlflasher on 1 mac. Both same problem, goes from 0% to 15% and immediately to 100%. When i check firmware after the proces, it's still on the one i was before..

Hmm, bad dll or bad copy of dumlxxx.
That's my guess especially as NLD works.

Have you solved your problem?
I face the same problem

In the past, I've flashed my MPP to 1.03.07 and 1.03.06 and back to 1.04.0100.
Last flash was to 1.03.0700 then to 1.04.000 with 305/306 deleted. However, it crashed in the middle of it.
Now I cannot flash at all. I've tried DMULdore, No Limits Dronez, and factory DJI assistant. Nothing will complete past 15%. All software that can read the FW says 1.03.0700. I can mod the settings for things like height and changed the decent rate. However, I get a motor current error (doesn't say overload), and I cannot use active track. When I land and when auto landing, it doesn't slow down, it lands pretty hard.
Here is what I've tried, many times.
Using DJI assistant 2 v1.2.0 only:

Assistant v.1.2.0 Trying to upgrade to 1.04.000 from mixed module of 1.03.0700 to 1.04.0000. According to NLD Mod Client it says my FW is 1.03.0700. Closed NLD Mod client (only used to verify FW).

Start assistant and shows Mavic is connected, also going to internet, IP ftp://192.168.42.2/ shows my 4 files listed: blackbox, flyctrl, upgrade, v2.

Assistant2: Downloading v1.04.0000 : 100%. Red solid front LED, Flashing Yellow rear.

Transmitting : 100%. Red solid front LED, Flashing Yellow rear.

Updating : 15% Update Failed (after 15 seconds). Red flashing front LED, Flashing Yellow rear. Front red LED turns off.

Upload Error Log. Red line says: undefined 0x032800. Restart the DJI device before updating the Firmware. Yellow rear light remains flashing throughout the process.

Retry selected 5-8 times over two days.

Lands too fast. If I hold down throttle, it will land at water speed I have it at. When using auto land, it very firmly lands.

Latest DUMLdore 2.14.0.0

Red LED solid, rear yellow flashing.

Assistant v.1.2.0 shows connected and FW version.

Turned off/exited Assistant 1.2.0

Started DUMLdore 2.14 .

Selected backup: Timed out attempting to contact the FTP server on the device.

You can test for connectivity by going to ftp:192.168.42.2 with a browser. If you cannot access via the IP address, check your RDNIS driver.

DUMLdore says on the bottom: FTP access failed.

I can, and always have been able to, get to 192.168.42.2. I can see and access and brows the files there.

Blackbox, flyctrl, upgrade,v2.

I can close the dialogue box from the error trying to backup and select load FW.

I select load firmware 1.04.0000 downloaded. (I’ve tried other FW also with same results).

I select flash: The firmware file will be sent to the device. Make sure you have at least 50% battery remaining. This will take up to 30 seconds. Press OK and wait for the confirmation dialog. I select OK. Mavic flashes red one time, and yellow remains flashing.

I close DUMLdore.

After a couple seconds the Front LED changes from Solid red to flashing. However, after a about 10 seconds, it goes out and stays out. Rear flashing yellow is still flashing yellow.

Not ever happens after this. I have to restart the mavic to get the front LED to come back on solid. However, even while LED is out on the front legs, I can still access the FTP address. And, if I restart assistant, It can still connect to the Mavic.

I can let this sit till the battery is dead. Nothing happens.

Next flashing effort suing NLD Mod client from No limits dronez. It requires assistant 1.1.2 so I uninstall assistant 1.2.0 and install 1.1.2 from their website.

Install NLD DJI assistant 1.1.2. Start Assistant.

Restart Mavic, red led is on, yellow rear flashing.

Start NLD app, says Mavic FW is 1.03.0700.

Select firmware manager, select upgrade: 1.03.100 which is the highest available option on NLD MOD.

Downloading FW. 100%. Flashing yellow rear, solid red front.

Downloading dependency: 100%

Uploading firmware: 100%. Front LED red and solid.

Flashing firmware progress bar, please wait, 7% 10:04, 15% at 12:04. 100% 12:04 immediately after 15%.

Uploading firmware phase 2. 100%.

Flashing firmware: 7% 12:04. 15% 12:05. 3 seconds later, 100%.

Flashing phase 3. Red LED solid. Uploading FW 100%

Flashing: red led flashing through 7%, then 15%, then immediately to 100%, LED goes solid.

Nothing happens, the process just stops.

I cannot get past 15%.

Any suggestions?

i thin i read some place that you can remove the micro sd card inside the mavic and then flash it? sorry i use nld and have not had problems but i do believe there is a work around for you involving removing the card form the mavic. sorry i didnt save the links when i was reading about it. hope this helps.

I'm having the same issue. I'm stuck on 3.400 and can't downgrade or upgrade with DUMLdore. DJI assistant can't see my version number, but DUMLdore can. Anytime I try to update or downgrade firmware, it says "reflashing" and goes from 0% to 7% incrementally, then after a 10-second pause it goes to 15%, and then it goes directly to finished. Firmware remains on 3.400.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake