DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Micro SD Card

dmf10e

Reactions
On my Phantom 3 the micro sd card came standard...is that not the case for the Mavic 2s as I just opened the slot and noticed it was empty.

DJI has found a way to cut some costs. Not in the box anymore.

Mainly because it has 8GB internal storage. That's not much even for 1080p video and almost useless for 4K.

On my Phantom 3 the micro sd card came standard...is that not the case for the Mavic 2s as I just opened the slot and noticed it was empty.
Your M2 comes standard with 8 gigs of internal storage. This is why DJI does not include the card.
As Danman mentioned, it is really only good for 1080p.
If you want to know more about the SD card requirements for the M2, check out this thread.
SD card speed

The card they supplied with the MP was not fast enough for 4K anyway.

It has to be rated at least U3 class 10, I just got my M2 zoom today and the firmware update filled the internal storage!

yep U3 - my old sandisk seemed ok (i didnt know i needed U3 so just stuck in a 64 that i had) and i didnt even work it out til after the first flight when i flew fast i could see the dropped frames - thought it was the pc so i rendered some out and it was indeed dropped frames.
Look for the little 3 unside the U - get one - all good :)

You can also go into the aircraft status screen to see the performances of the card you’re using, I thought my card was ok until I saw this:(

D60AC441-A816-48A8-94F6-833BA7CF9144.jpeg

Reactions: Fplvert
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blokinblain