DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Micro SD Card

The small micro fits in your Air but when you will transfer over to your computer you need the adapter wich is the standard format.
Ok...thanks.....

It might seem weird but it is pretty normal not just with DJI but virtually any camera, whether it be GoPro's, using a digital SLR like my Canon 5d4, etc. Some higher end cameras that use things like CFast cards or like the Red Cinema Cameras that record to (semi) proprietary SSD cards can record longer segments but you are talking cameras in the "outrageous" price category. And I wouldn't call it "random" as it happens at exactly the 4Gb mark every time, so it is very predictable and as others have mentioned very easy to solve when editing.

I've had alot of cameras but the gopro and mavic are the first ones to do this to me......used to have a digital hard drive recorder cam and it went as long as you held the record button....

I've had alot of cameras but the gopro and mavic are the first ones to do this to me......used to have a digital hard drive recorder cam and it went as long as you held the record button....

It could be the result of using proprietary file formats, if the drive stays inside the camera they can do that. Anything that is a removable device that can be inserted into anything from Windows to Mac's means a standardized file format.

That said I still have my old Canon Vixia camcorder from about 2006, had an internal hard drive and it still limited to the 4gb. However, and maybe this explains your experience, the older 720p cameras meant a 4gb file was something like 40 or 50 minutes instead of the shorter times on the 4k. That 4gb file limit is a data limit, not a time limit and the more pixels being stored the faster that limit is reached.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki