DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Micro SD for Mavic Pro

AADroneGuy

Reactions
I preordered the Mavic Pro, and wanting to be prepared for when it delivers, I started thinking what I need (or want rather ) for my Mavic. My mind immediately went to the Micro SD. I didn't search very hard ( sorry) and didn't see anything about an included micro SD. So, dies it come with one, and if so, or not, what us the max size it can hold?

The Mavic comes with a 16GB Lexar 633x memory card. If you want to pick up some additional memory cards, I have a list of memory cards that will work well here. All of the memory cards in that list have similar or better specs than the memory card DJI ships with the Mavic.

The Mavic specs show the max memory card size is 64GB. But, you will likely find that 128GB and 256GB memory cards will work as well. I haven't seen anyone try them yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skydog
Does the 16 GB micro SD card that's comes with the Mavic, include an SD adapter, for card readers?

Last edited:
Mine is a Panasonic 16gb card

Interesting. Mine came with the Lexar 633x.

I have ordered a SanDisk 64 gig one ...

The Mavic comes with a 16GB Lexar 633x memory card. If you want to pick up some additional memory cards, I have a list of memory cards that will work well here. All of the memory cards in that list have similar or better specs than the memory card DJI ships with the Mavic.

The Mavic specs show the max memory card size is 64GB. But, you will likely find that 128GB and 256GB memory cards will work as well. I haven't seen anyone try them yet.
Have you found any further info on this yet. I want to buy some cards.

Further info on what specifically?

I tried a sandisk extreme 128gb once while on vacation just to see if worked. It displayed the recording indication light during the flight but when I went to review the video it was nowhere to be found. Needless to say I didn't try it again and ended up transferring the videos I shot on a sandisk 64gb extreme pro to the 128gb to save space. Also interested to see if anyone has experienced this.

If the larger GB cards work, and if the new UHS-3 cards work.
I haven't tried a 128GB memory card, but some people are finding certain brands will work. For example, this one.

BJ'S has 128 gb class 10 cards for 35 bucks on sale
Some 128GB memory cards will work. Search for the brand here and see if anyone else is using it.

I have been testing these cards over the weekend recording at 4K 30fps:

SDSDQXP-064G-G46A - SanDisk 64GB Extreme PRO UHS-I/U3 Micro SDXC Memory Card

MB-MF128DA/AM - Samsung 128GB PRO SELECT Micro SDXC Memory Card

SAMBMD128DA - Samsung 128GB PRO PLUS UHS-I microSDXC U3 Memory Card

SAMSDEP256GB - Samsung 256GB EVO PLUS UHS-I microSDXC U3 Memory Card

They all work great with one caveat. When using the 256gb card the screen says "advise format". I formatted it in the Mavic but the warning remains. Recording seems to work fine so far. I recorded about 40 minutes this weekend and will post another update when I get a chance to fill it.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: Xcel and Pedro
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54