DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Micro Storage Card

jkemeny

Reactions
Has anybody used the new
SanDisk 256GB Ultra MicroSDXC UHS-I Memory Card with Adapter - 100MB/S, C10, U1, Full HD, A1, Micro SD Card - SDSQUAR-256G-GN6MA in their drone to collect video? IF so what were your results?

Reactions: mereflyer
Click the links above. Both of those memory cards are also available in sizes larger than 64GB.

I was actually looking for more space than 64g
Be careful using a large capacity card. The more it holds the more you will lose when it fails (or if you drop it and can't find that little sucker). I have two 32GB cards and haven't filled one on a single outing.

Reactions: Jerry and jkemeny
i have a 200G card, and it refused to show the format option for it when i tried to insert it into mavic. dunno if it was speed rating or the capacity - but i did not bother with such cards anymore, only used 128gb ones.

Reactions: jkemeny
I have 2 128 Samsung evos and a 64, seems decent.

32's don't tend to last all that long at 4k/10bit,so I'd say 64 min. But a good practice is to change sd with battery, at least then if you loose the card/drone for some reason you don't loose all the footage.

I've got a WD my passport wireless, and use that to copy cards off to whilst flying the next battery. At least have a backup then if all hell comes to pass.

And you can even then use the card again if you need to (I.E only have 2 cards)

Reactions: Thomas B
Be careful before buying 128GB is maximum capacity which you can use for the mavic 2.
256GB cards also work without issue. I flew one when I didn’t have a smaller card on me with available space. Formatted in the drone and all video/photos recorded perfectly.

As seems to be the case with many I have a preference for smaller cards and swapping out after each flight. Less chance of loosing images/footage if the card fails or you have an incident and the drone isn’t recoverable.

In addition to shooting 4K: if you shoot hyperlapse and have the "Save DNG" setting turned on, you definitely need more space.

I now use 128GB cards and save the 64GB for when I know I'm just shooting stills.

When they went on sale recently, I picked up another pair so that I could do the "swap out the card with each battery" thing. Not that I always remember to do that ...

Chris

In addition to shooting 4K: if you shoot hyperlapse and have the "Save DNG" setting turned on, you definitely need more space.

I now use 128GB cards and save the 64GB for when I know I'm just shooting stills.

When they went on sale recently, I picked up another pair so that I could do the "swap out the card with each battery" thing. Not that I always remember to do that ...

Chris
Yeah the hyperlapses do eat it up quick, that's very true.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman