DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Microsoft ICE

MGVision

Reactions
I am fighting with creating proper spherical panoramas and i am working with ICE. I am using my 26 dng photo files from mavic 2 pro but ICE is producting low size and low resolution panoramas. Those are even worse then created directly from mavic. What i am doing wrong? Can ICE work with dng files or should i use JPG files?

I was gonna say same thing... Get the images into Lightroom, PhotoShop (or whatever other program you might be using), process them as you normally would, save as .jpg and try to make panorama... Please, share the results.

Reactions: MGVision
ICE is working with jpgs. Pano has great resolution and details same like pano from lightroom from dng files, it is less saturated though. Now i will try to add sky to my image in photoshop and resize it. Question is why i am loosing bottom piece of picture directly below my drone? Same thing happend in lightroom. 3 360 Panorama | 360Cities

Last edited:
Reactions: Dedal
I see. So .jpg it is, good to know. Second part probably has something to do with how the Mavic captures photos for the pano, not capturing pics directly below... Or is it just software messing up things? I'm no expert there, sorry, I'm more into "regular" photo and video. But, somebody will be able to answer it, for sure.

I see. So .jpg it is, good to know. Second part probably has something to do with how the Mavic captures photos for the pano, not capturing pics directly below... Or is it just software messing up things? I'm no expert there, sorry, I'm more into "regular" photo and video. But, somebody will be able to answer it, for sure.
Pano directly from mavic 2 came with full field of wiew (i can look directly below the drone)not distorted but aswell with much less resolution and details 1 360 Panorama | 360Cities
I dont understand why i am losing bootom, must figure it out :)

Last edited:
After some time of researching and working it seems like lightroom is always deleting some of bootom view of the picture after merging dng files into spherical panorama. Thats strange. ICE is working but only with jpgs. It is creating nice pano with no distortion but it is less vivid then lightroom pano. I supose that perfect spherical panorama can only be obtained in costly comercial programs.

ICE is working but only with jpgs. It is creating nice pano with no distortion but it is less vivid then lightroom pano. I supose that perfect spherical panorama can only be obtained in costly comercial programs.
ICE just stitches and does it pretty well most of the time..
If you want to tinker with the colour, take the panorama into Lightroom etc and adjust things there.

Reactions: MGVision
When you put .dng raw pictures into ICE, it takes the tiny jpeg thumbnails embedded in the raw file (these thumbnails are there for preview purposes only) and merges those into a pano; hence the disappointing result. Take your raws into LR, PS, or equivalent and develop them first (do this as a batch - meaning apply same edits across all of them) and then export them in JPEG format. Take your JPEGs into ICE - problem solved.

When you put .dng raw pictures into ICE, it takes the tiny jpeg thumbnails embedded in the raw file (these thumbnails are there for preview purposes only) and merges those into a pano; hence the disappointing result. Take your raws into LR, PS, or equivalent and develop them first (do this as a batch - meaning apply same edits across all of them) and then export them in JPEG format. Take your JPEGs into ICE - problem solved.
Well, this is above my competences at this moment :)

Well, this is above my competences at this moment :)
You Sir, underestimate what you can do! You can of course shoot JPG+RAW, import the JPGs into ICE and be done with it :) I don't know if the RAWs will be happy though; I am sure they will feel left out :(

hugin can stitch raw.
Tried to work with hungin but i failed miserably. I will try again!
Hungin is also failing to stich raw files properly. Always some pictures failed to stich. I must stay with ICE and jpg. Its ok.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
northwolf88