DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mid air restart

OK this is a dumb question but what did they do to restart the drone? Is it an auto take off or what? Sorry if this is really a silly question.

The guy did this. That's why the drone tilted before the motor stopped.

1598188323814.png

I saw someone do this with a Mini because it was refusing to come down (it was above a cloud cover) and it successfully restarted mid-air
Nonprophet do you have a link?
There are a few YT clips of a Mavic pro being restarted in midair but I haven’t seen any of an air2. Go to YT and type in Mavic pro restarted in mid air.

One point about a possible mid air restart with the CSC, the props might restart at idle in which case you will need to throttle up to halt the fall !!!!!!!!!!!!
I did a experimental midair motor stop and restart with Phantom 3 Adv. In freefall and from the screen feed, it fell in an apparent flat spin. As soon the motors restarted the spin stopped but the fall continued. It took me a second or so to realise what had happened and push the throttle to the stop! She VERY nearly took a swim, the restart also reset the home point to over the sea!

Reactions: hiflyer201
if the MA2 is tilted excessively
I'm pretty sure that I've had alerts that the drone was not level when I was attempting to start so that's a big point. I suppose the drone could drop in a stable position if all four were to shut down simultaneously so Who's going to be the first to try?

Reactions: TreeHugger
I'm pretty sure that I've had alerts that the drone was not level when I was attempting to start so that's a big point. I suppose the drone could drop in a stable position if all four were to shut down simultaneously so Who's going to be the first to try?
With M2P / smart controller, you can watch the app change from "Ready" to "Not Ready" as you hold & manually tilt the drone.

Reactions: hiflyer201
Is it possible to restart the Mavic Air 2 in the air, if you do an emergency stop at 400 feet, and let it free fall 200 feet, can you restart the propellers? I've seen that this is possible with the Mavic Pro, but I don't know if this is the case with the Air 2.
If you want to test this,m
I suggest you do it in your back yard so you will know where to find the pieces if it fails.

If you want to test this,m
I suggest you do it in your back yard so you will know where to find the pieces if it fails.
Looking at the video - it drifted a bit and would have landed across the street! Unless you have a really big backyard, find an isolated area.
o_O

Is it possible to restart the Mavic Air 2 in the air, if you do an emergency stop at 400 feet, and let it free fall 200 feet, can you restart the propellers? I've seen that this is possible with the Mavic Pro, but I don't know if this is the case with the Air 2.
I have lost transmission and had to restart in flight ! then screen comes on it happened today ! I pressed the RTH then
I hit left joystick elevated to 175 ft.
When I lost the signal I was at 77 ft.
I was 3,300 ft. out
It came back safe and sound !!

IIRC, there was a video on YT where someone did just that with their MA2. It worked.....but not something I'd want to try--at least not with MY MA2 ;)
Can you please provide the link in YouTube so those interested can examine the sequences how that person did it?

Interesting video. I was sweating for the guy and it's not even my drone :oops:. Glad to see it recovered from the free fall but DEFINITELY NOT something I'd be willing to try with my MA2.

If I didn't know better, I'd guess the OP was sponsored by DJI's repair team... trying to drum up some more trade!! :D

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming