DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

might buy a Mavic drone. questions about FAA rules no fly zones etc.

jmichael99

Reactions
buying the drone isn't my issue, I understand it and how it operates. Im more concerned with Where I can fly.

I downloaded B4UFLY and Airmap. (see attached screenshot)

I live near a national guard/private airport in the west side of the screenshot. Now I know I can't fly near the airport but if I take off form my house and keep the drone low, lets say house level, am I breaking any laws? I would never fly near the airport, just near my house. I live about a mile from the airport.

Why are all rivers in red showing restricted airspace? I circled the ares I'm talking about.

any other tips to avoid getting fined?

Attachments

• IMG_0689.jpeg
    IMG_0689.jpeg
    580.2 KB · Views: 14
There are no airspace restrictions in that area:

IMG_D30A9BD46F6E-1.jpeg

Note that even the surface Class E (dashed magenta line) around KHGR is Class E3, and so not restricted for sUAS. The FAA sUAS facilities map shows the same:

grab246.jpg

As does the DJI Geo system:

grab247.jpg

However, the red zone that you see along the river is because it is the Chesapeake and Ohio Canal National Historical Park. The airspace is open, but the National Park Service current prohibits sUAS operations (takeoff, landing and control) from NPS land. You can legally fly over it but not operate from it.

grab248.jpg

As pointed out above (And very well done BTW sar104) this is something you can look up yourself prior to purchase or research once you own if going on a trip to fly, vacation...ect. Geo Zone Map - Fly Safe - DJI

Reactions: baristabob
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada