DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 altitude stable when flying fast?

GerdS

Reactions
Hi,
With my Mavic Mini I made the experience that it tends to uncommanded ascending if flying faster than 20kmh in an altitude less than about 20m over ground (VPS range?). Now I would like to know if DJI has fixed this for Mini 2.

Could any Mini 2 owner do this little test?
- Look for a really flat location which allows a flight for about 300m without obstacles or either ascending or descending ground
- Take off to an altitude of e.g. 3m and then fly into that direction full speed (>20kmh) without touching the trottle stick.
- At a distance of about 300m turn 180° and fly back, again without touching the throttle stick

How did the altitude change when the Mini 2 is back at the home point?

Thanks in advance,
Gerd

Not sure if it helps but I've tried your little experiment. We had some high winds but the drone moved around +/- a couple of inches during the entire course of the flight depending on the gusts. Unfortunately, I can't find an enclosed space which would better reflect what you need. Hope that helps!

Reactions: GerdS
Hi,
With my Mavic Mini I made the experience that it tends to uncommanded ascending if flying faster than 20kmh in an altitude less than about 20m over ground (VPS range?). Now I would like to know if DJI has fixed this for Mini 2.

Could any Mini 2 owner do this little test?
- Look for a really flat location which allows a flight for about 300m without obstacles or either ascending or descending ground
- Take off to an altitude of e.g. 3m and then fly into that direction full speed (>20kmh) without touching the trottle stick.
- At a distance of about 300m turn 180° and fly back, again without touching the throttle stick

How did the altitude change when the Mini 2 is back at the home point?

Thanks in advance,
Gerd
We have a warehouse with no wind and tons of open space. Glad to report that the Mini 2 stayed in constant altitude all throughout the flight.

Reactions: GerdS
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent