DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 and Bluetooth?

Apparently some android devices function better with Bluetooth enabled when using FLY.

Every time I open the Fly App I'm promted to enable Bluetooth and I cancel it. Why would I need Bluetooth or am I missing something?
It's hard to imagine why .. there's nothing on the drone that uses Bluetooth.

Every time I open the Fly App I'm promted to enable Bluetooth and I cancel it. Why would I need Bluetooth or am I missing something?

Here's a short video from my lovely Mini 2 enjoy
I've never seen that running on Galaxy phones. What device are you using? Maybe check the permissions granted to the app -- I don't know, but it might prompt for Bluetooth if Fly somehow was granted permission to use it.

Apparently some android devices function better with Bluetooth enabled when using FLY.
🤣

If only...

No, the reason is, I believe, far stupider than that. Most android developers are a bit careless in managing what permissions the app needs, letting defaults be set. Both DJI Fly and GO4 ask for all sorts of permissions they neither use, nor need.

In the case of BT, it's harmless to grant it, Fly doesn't use it, and the annoying request will go away.

EDIT: oops, iOS, never mind 😁

Last edited:
It uses Bluetooth and wireless to do Quick Transfer.
That's strange, but the manual implies that you have to press the QuickTransfer button (which is also the status indicator) for it to do that prompt. I never have Bluetooth enabled on my Android phone, and I've never gotten that prompt. For some reason, the iOS version just does it automatically?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarstenG