DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 batteries not discharging

crash1414

Reactions
Well it’s been 6 days and the batteries have still not discharged still at full capacity. Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue or could this be wrong in the manual IMG_2219.JPG

What time frame do you have your batteries set to discharge? OF note is anytime you look (Press the button) you reset counter to that time. So if you have your batteries set to discharge on day 5, and on day 4 you pressed the battery button. You just reset the counter for 5 more days to start discharge from that point. IT also takes approx 2-3 days for batteries to discharge from say day 5, so in all actuality you shouldn't check till day 8. :)

The last firmware or so adjusted the auto setting from 10 to 5 days..so if your current on firmware on all your batteries it should now default to 5 days from the previous default of 10 days. ;)

Personally I have my batteries set at day two, that way they will be a storage charge at or under day 5 which should help the batteries in the long run from puffing up due to holding full charge for too long..YMMV.

Last edited:
What time frame do you have your batteries set to discharge? OF note is anytime you look (Press the button) you reset counter to that time. So if you have your batteries set to discharge on day 5, and on day 4 you pressed the battery button. You just reset the counter for 5 more days to start discharge from that point. IT also takes approx 2-3 days for batteries to discharge from say day 5, so in all actuality you shouldn't check till day 8. :)

The last firmware or so adjusted the auto setting from 10 to 5 days..so if your current on firmware on all your batteries it should now default to 5 days from the previous default of 10 days. ;)

Personally I have my batteries set at day two, that way they will be a storage charge at or under day 5 which should help the batteries in the long run from puffing up due to holding full charge for too long..YMMV.

Unless I’m wrong or missed it somewhere I don’t see where you can adjust the discharge days on the mini2 like I can on the phantom and as far as I know I do have the latest firmware

Unless I’m wrong or missed it somewhere I don’t see where you can adjust the discharge days on the mini2
That's correct.

It could take a few days for the batteries to finish auto discharging. Maybe check on the 8th day?

Unless I’m wrong or missed it somewhere I don’t see where you can adjust the discharge days on the mini2 like I can on the phantom and as far as I know I do have the latest firmware
My Bust, looked at aircraft wrong as a Mavic thread..well you know what I meant...What he said^^^^ And no peeking until. ;) Can't confirm, but will just go with a factory 5 day till discharge starts, seems to be DJI's latest pick.

May i say that at 10% the battery goes in hibernation mode to prevent over-disacharge.

Well it’s been 6 days and the batteries have still not discharged still at full capacity. Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue or could this be wrong in the manual View attachment 117955

Same over here. I have a battery that is fully charged and it's been 10 days. It was sitting in the Mini2 for 7 days. I put the battery in the battery hub on the 7th day, waiting to see if it makes a difference while it's in the charging hub.

Not all Mavics reset the countdown when you simply press once to check state. On M2 (not to be confused with MM2), clock only resets if you power on. Same for P3.

But many do reset when only checking charge state.

I bet you don't have Mavic Mini 2

MM2 batt have no button, and can't be adjusted same as MP or M2P or bigger drones.

Reactions: NG Wildman
Anyone have any update on this.
Ive charged my battery up to 100%, been sitting in the hub for more than 7 days without me touching it and the battery is still at 98% charge.

I would like to revive this thread, as it seems to have fully discharged! Reading through this thread multiple times, it seems that three Mini 2 users have reported that the batteries do not auto-discharge, and none have reported that they do discharge to 72%. I will make that four users; they stayed at 100% for me after 8 days just now. I would appreciate comments from all Mini 2 only users on what they have found, one way or another. This is not a serious problem for me, but I want to know what to expect. If the auto-discharge actually works, it gives us the option to fully charge the batteries without knowing when they will be used. Perhaps a call to DJI tech support is needed.

I would like to revive this thread, as it seems to have fully discharged! Reading through this thread multiple times, it seems that three Mini 2 users have reported that the batteries do not auto-discharge, and none have reported that they do discharge to 72%. I will make that four users; they stayed at 100% for me after 8 days just now. I would appreciate comments from all Mini 2 only users on what they have found, one way or another. This is not a serious problem for me, but I want to know what to expect. If the auto-discharge actually works, it gives us the option to fully charge the batteries without knowing when they will be used. Perhaps a call to DJI tech support is needed.
Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona! Enjoy.

Mine discharge if kept in the charger. The fourth battery; left in the drone, did not discharge.

I had mine stored for 15 days fully charged since a planned flight weekend got aborted.
Checked them and all 3 are showing full charge, resting in the charger pack.
There is something wrong with the self discharge function for sure..

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rle