DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Battery Leds missing one?

TinTin10

Reactions
Mini 2 is showing only 3 white leds after first full charge. It should be four? Anyone know of a solution before I return it. Thank you.

Is this as seen by the LED's on the drone or triple charger?
Do you mean only leds '1, 2, 3' illuminate or perhaps that leds '1,3'4' illuminate but 2 does not etc.?
Do all 4 LED's illuminate in the sequential flashing as it charges?
What does the app say the charge is?

That’s what I was thinking! I’ll discharge the battery and give it a full charge. If the problem persists I’ll return it and then I’m done with the Mini. This Is the second one with a problem. I’ll stick with my Phantom 3 Advanced, had it 4 years and never a problem. Thanks for the reply.

Is this as seen by the LED's on the drone or triple charger?
Do you mean only leds '1, 2, 3' illuminate or perhaps that leds '1,3'4' illuminate but 2 does not etc.?
Do all 4 LED's illuminate in the sequential flashing as it charges?
What does the app say the charge is?
Hi. Sorry, I should’ve been a bit clearer. I’m using a regular usb plug and have also used an apple plug together with the included usb cable. It’s the leds on the drone. When plugged in it charges normally... led 1 comes on, then led 2, then led 3 all flashing as they should etc. All appears normal but the 4th led does not come on. When charging has finished all 3 leds remain on but still not the fourth? The app shows 98% on the drone. Also, I am aware of the different usb plugs (watts) but I’m using the plugs I used on the previous Mini and although it took nearly 5 hours it charged fully with no problems. Thanks for replyping.

Last edited:
With that description I would suspect a dead LED, personally I doubt I would return the drone for just that. Since your other thread contains just "Abcdefgh" no one knows what the other problem is, nor how serious it is, but obviously the choice of whether or not to return it is yours.

Last edited by a moderator:
My Mini 2 came with a DJI QC3 18W charger in the box, guessing this will be the recommended charging power needed for sensible charging. I personally use a 65W PD charger and all four LED lights come on in the drone when fully charged, you could just have a faulty fourth LED as when I power the drone on at full charge it shows 98% also as it is using power immediately when powered up, not just when flying.

Hope this helps.

With that description I would suspect a dead LED, personally I doubt I would return the drone for just that. Since your other thread contains just "Abcdefgh" no one knows what the other problem is, nor how serious it is, but obviously the choice of whether or not to return it is yours.
I do appreciate all the replies and help. Thanks. It will definitely be going straight back. It’s a complete waste of time. It’s a bit sad but I wouldn’t buy another. I understand it’s only one led light out but if I wanted to sell it in the future it would be a problem. Would you buy one if the seller said one of the battery lights isn’t working? Thanks all and goodbye.

I do appreciate all the replies and help. Thanks. It will definitely be going straight back. It’s a complete waste of time. It’s a bit sad but I wouldn’t buy another. I understand it’s only one led light out but if I wanted to sell it in the future it would be a problem. Would you buy one if the seller said one of the battery lights isn’t working? Thanks all and goodbye.
Well, you're giving up on a very reliable great drone. I just wonder if when you said " I’m using the plugs I used on the previous Mini" it was also a Mini 2 ? I haven't had a Mini 1 so don't know if there is a difference in charging current or if it matters. Also, you evidently bought from an individual, not new from a store, so that may be why the previous owner sold it and not the fault of the drone perhaps. Hope you won't miss the greatest feature of this drone, a very real portability with still great features.

Hi TinTin10. I'd echo what's just been said above - that you'll be giving up on a very reliable great drone. We've been using - and still are - a P4P+ for professional work. Although we've been carrying it everywhere, in remote areas, along with other filming equipment, we've now got a Mini 2 as an additional tool for when we have to travel ultra light. Our first one, out of the box, had a tiny casing piece dislodged, so it was sent back for a replacement, which arrived the same week. These small niggles sometimes happen. We're huge on "never give up" for life - and I suggest this applies to the Mini 2. It's nothing short of astonishing what this small DJI drone can capture when best utilised and it's obviously been well designed/built.

So one battery “may be faulty” and you are returning whole drone?
Private purchase or through shop?
Is the charger the one that should have come with it? Not all chargers are the right ones.
I have a GoPro which won’t charge fully on IPad USB charger and lead. Only charges fully on the proprietary cable and different USB charger.
Methinks you are a bit picky and too quick to give up and complain about the drone.

The Mini batteries don't have LEDs. The AC and the hub show the battery charge/charging state. Of course the app shows the state too.
So if the app says the battery is at 98%, the LED on the AC is bad.

18w charger comes with the FMC for MM1 and MM2.

Incidentally, I used a USB charge tester and found a charger I have with a QC 3 port capable of 24w was transferring almost 24W with the AC using QC 2 protocol, having negotiated 12v, and with the hub transferring 22w.

The 18W charger transfered almost 18W using 12v using QC 2 protocol.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jlhdez