DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 bound to another account

brunosardao

Reactions
Hi there,

I've bought a mini 2 from eBay as faulty, it hade a broken gimbal witch I managed to repair and came with its original box and without the RC. Since I have a Mavic air 2 I knew that I could use the same controller with the mini, but when I first started the drone there was the already bound to another account! I know there are another posts about this matter and DJI always says to contact the seller or the previous owner from whom I didn't get any luck, and DJI also contacted the previous owner but didn't get any luck, I provided them with all the info about the drone and here's what DJI had to say today about this problem. They noticed that the drone was registered as a flyaway unit, witch I guess was replaced by a new unit, and that the drone is DJI property and that I have to send the drone back to them! I already sent them the prof of purchase and now I asked them what are they going to do about my situation, because if I send them the drone what will they do in return?? Will they send me a New unit? Will they refuse to send me a replacement?? Had any one had this kind of situation??

I already asked them that if this a flyaway unit how was did it get to a store with its original box?? (They answered me to this question saying they are directing the case to the right department...)
If the previous owner had the drone wasn't he supposed to send the unit himself to DJI?

Let me know what you think or if anyone had the same issue. I will keep the post updated when I get new feedback from DJI.

I already asked them that if this a flyaway unit how was did it get to a store with its original box?
It sounds like they are saying the original owner reported it as a fly away unit, DJI replaced it, and the owner is now trying to sell the drone (which they claimed they couldn't recover) to turn some profit. It got to the store in an original box because that's where the original owner purchased it before they crashed it.

I already sent them the prof of purchase and now I asked them what are they going to do about my situation
I'm not sure they need to do anything. You should probably return it or contact eBay for help so you can get a refund for a drone which is more or less stolen property at this point.

It sounds like they are saying the original owner reported it as a fly away unit, DJI replaced it, and the owner is now trying to sell the drone (which they claimed they couldn't recover) to turn some profit. It got to the store in an original box because that's where the original owner purchased it before they crashed it.
I think the seller did as you are saying, reported a flyaway, got a new drone, was able to recover the flyaway drone, and then sold it in its original box without the RC to another store, that may be ou not the store were i bought it from. Its a German store, and all the drones they are selling are faulty. It was an easy fix so why not? but i didn't know about this binding or bound thing. i had a mavic air before and there wasn't anything like this at the time, so it was a surprise to me.
Now i have a "almost" fully working drone that cant take off!
I'm not sure they need to do anything. You should probably return it or contact eBay for help so you can get a refund for a drone which is more or less stolen property at this point.
I understand what you mean, but this wasn't my fault, i already told Dji that if this is a flyaway unit it was the owner obligation to return it to DJI since he was able to retrieve it, and as you said, the owner tried to get an extra cash by selling it, so if there's anyone to blame would be the previous owner, that mislead DJI!

Lets see what DJI will say, if they only want the drone and wont give any other option i will try to return the drone to the ebay store!

Reactions: brunosardao
The only other option is to pay a guy in China $250 to unbind the drone from the original owner's account. He has posted here a few times offering that "service." If it were a used Mavic 3 bought in good faith, and the original owner were simply unavailable, and it hadn't reported as a Fly Away, it might be worth paying. However, on a Mini 2 bought at a crashed discount, clearly not worth it!

Your best bet is to return the stolen property through eBay to the seller and demand a refund from the seller, backed up by eBay's guarantee. DJI definitely won't help you. As far as they are concerned, you are now in possession of their stolen property.

Reactions: 1TenaciousG
唯一的另一种选择是向中国的一个人支付 250 美元,以解除无人机与原所有者账户的绑定。他曾多次在这里发帖提供这种“服务”。如果它是善意购买的二手 Mavic 3,并且原主人根本找不到,也没有报告为 Fly Away,那么它可能是值得的。但是,在一个打折买的Mini 2上,显然不划算

最好的办法是通过 eBay 将被盗财产退还给卖家,并要求卖家退款,并由 eBay 提供担保。大疆肯定帮不了你。就他们而言,您现在拥有他们被盗的财产。
250 美元?只需 145 美元就足够了。250个数字有点“侮辱”的意思

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas