DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 crashed and lost

ThunderGlock

Reactions
I have had my Mini 2 for 2 months, and have only gotten to fly 4 times. The fourth time it went absolutely crazy and flew away and then crashed. It lost GPS also so I couldn't find it. I applied for the Flyaway Assistance and they emailed me today looking for a Flyaway report. They told me how to get it, but the option is not in my device management. Where else can I find it. I have the last video of it tumbling out of control and the Telemetry is in the Flight Data Center. The Interesting part is that is shows an altitude of over 2 miles and distance of 2282 feet. I was only about 300ft away at an altitude of about 50'. I got an IMU error then about 25 rapid fire other errors.

Last edited:
I applied for the Flyaway Assistance and they emailed me today looking for a Flyaway report. They told me how to get it, but the option is not in my device management. Where else can I find it.
Since almost no-one has ever done this, it would help if you post what DJi sent you telling you what they wanted and how to find it.
The Interesting part is that is shows an altitude of over 2 miles and distance of 2282 feet. I was only about 300ft away at an altitude of about 50'. I got an IMU error then about 25 rapid fire other errors.
That suggests a rare genuine hardware malfunction.

Reactions: karma1968
Since almost no-one has ever done this, it would help if you post what DJi sent you telling you what they wanted and how to find it.

That suggests a rare genuine hardware malfunction.
Sorry. Here is their instructions.

But after chatting with them, what that doesn't say, is you have to attach your phone to the remote, turn it on and launch the app and then it'll appear.

Also, when chatting they said they would just skip analysis and send me a new one for $225. Gee, thanks. So, I told them to do an analysis and see if it's covered under warranty.

Hi ThunderGlock,

I am sure it is the same hardware malfunction that happened with my Mavic Air 2.
(Read my post: "Mavic Air 2 Sea crash due to a malfunction")
The cause is a sudden failure of the gyroscope. Therefore the message "IMU Error, Need Calibration"

At that moment, the drone is absolutely no longer controllable and also sends incorrect data about height and distance. In addition, there is a "rapid fire" of error messages and the drone flies somewhere ... up or down without orientation ....

Apparently there is this defect in Air 2 and Mini 2 drones and is not the fault of the pilot if it occurs ...
Dji will surely offer you a replacement.

Last edited:
Hi ThunderGlock,

I am sure it is the same hardware malfunction that happened with my Mavic Air 2.
(Read my post: "Mavic Air 2 Sea crash due to a malfunction")
The cause is a sudden failure of the gyroscope. Therefore the message "IMU Error, Need Calibration"

At that moment, the drone is absolutely no longer controllable and also sends incorrect data about height and distance. In addition, there is a "rapid fire" of error messages and the drone flies somewhere ... up or down without orientation ....

Apparently there is this defect in Air 2 and Mini 2 drones and is not the fault of the pilot if it occurs ...
Dji will surely offer you a replacement.

Yep, sounds like the same issue. Amazingly, after submitting the rest of the reports last night, I got a great email this morning...

Dear xxxx,

Thanks for your patience.

This is xxxy from the data analysis team, and I will be assisting you on this case from now on for related inquiries about data analysis.

The unfortunate incident that occurred to your aircraft has been confirmed as a warranty case according to our data analysis.

If the aircraft cannot be recovered, we would like to offer you a replacement, DJI Mini 2 aircraft (without the remote controller and battery charger). Please kindly confirm with the following information:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS