DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 disconnecting from controller

Mini 4 bloke

Reactions
So the last 4 flights I have done on the first battery
After all the pre flight checks,with all the satellites and the audible warning to check the home point on the screen.
All the firmware and updates are the latest .
So when I take off all is well ,then at approximately 20-50 feet high and the same distance away it loses connection I get a black screen and the Rth starts ,then the video feed comes back and I cancel Rth,then all is well
Using an ipad air 3 as I have always used with mo problems until now .
Just a bit unnerving when the black screen comes.
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hey mini 2 bloke, Did the problem start to occur after a crash? and if not was the controller dropped or damaged at all? I would also recommend checking the ports for both your phone and the controller for any damage that could be causing the connection loss

Totally depends on your area you fly in. Esp if a lot of metal is around - the magnetic interference may be an issue.

How often do you clear the cache and other not needed files on the iPad? Is the iPad getting really hot? I would think just after take-off that the iPad would not be getting too hot, like some Apple products people have mentioned in previous posts. I know on my Android tablet that if I don't clean it up every few flights (all I use tablet for is drone) - it will slow down / lag pretty bad.

Yes, getting a blank screen is not fun, yet since the drone if really close - you can always VLOS it home / let it RTH / etc.

Hopefully someone with an iPad / Apple product may have more to help.

Totally depends on your area you fly in. Esp if a lot of metal is around - the magnetic interference may be an issue.

How often do you clear the cache and other not needed files on the iPad? Is the iPad getting really hot? I would think just after take-off that the iPad would not be getting too hot, like some Apple products people have mentioned in previous posts. I know on my Android tablet that if I don't clean it up every few flights (all I use tablet for is drone) - it will slow down / lag pretty bad.

Yes, getting a blank screen is not fun, yet since the drone if really close - you can always VLOS it home / let it RTH / etc.

Hopefully someone with an iPad / Apple product may have more to help.
Thank you.

It's an unsolved problem with the recent updates. Right now the only 'solution' is to set up the radio frequency at 2.8. Not automatic or 5.6.

Reactions: Mini 4 bloke

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk