DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 distance shown in app

I don't think I'd use the RTH function unless the app crashed and I was unable to restart it and the drone was too far for me to walk close enough to get a visual on. Which should never happen since you aren't supposed to do that. Anyway.

Otherwise I'd rather fly it home manually because as a human I can see something going wrong and stop it, and the drone can't.

I am glad the feature exists for if I ever need it, I expect it's saved a lot of drones from being lost when connection issues or random fly-aways happen. It's a nice feature, just a trade-off of risk and convenience, some will use it some will not.

I don't think I'd use the RTH function unless the app crashed and I was unable to restart it.
It's still a good idea to get some experience with RTH so that when or if you need it, you know how to acitvate it and cancel to resume control.
The day that you need it, is the worst time to learn how it works.
It's also good to understand what it does and how it does it, so that you don't get surprised one day and think your drone is flying off on its own when it's just folowing the RTH procedure.
I expect it's saved a lot of drones from being lost when connection issues or random fly-aways happen
Despite the number of times that you might read about such things in the forum, drones don't randomly fly away.
But if they did, RTH wouldn't bring them back.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada