DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 Drifts Around more than Mini SE

JonnySteele

Reactions
So I'll start by saying I'm new to the drone world and just started a few weeks ago. I started with a Mini SE which I was amazed at how well it hovered in place, even with a bit of wind, never moving more than 1 or 2 inches side to side.

I upgraded to a Mini 2 recently and noticed it seems to bounce around in hover mode, sometimes drifting several feet side to side and up and down. I've calibrated the compass, and it has excellent gps signal. Is this behavior normal or could something be wrong?

Around 1pm in afternoon, sunny but with overcast. I've noticed the mini 2 will do okay when hovering near the ground, say 5 to 10 ft, but when you get to around 50-100ft, after hovering for maybe 30 seconds it could be 10-15ft away from the takeoff point, almost always drifting left.

Did you send the SE up that high?
How many satellites did each drone have?
Down low they use the VPS for position holding but once above the range of the VPS they rely on GPS.

Reactions: Freem@n
I had a 'refurb' Mini 2 do that out the box. I updated all firmware, RC and Mini 2 and Fly on the phone. I then did a RC stick calibration and the problem was solved, so which of the actions did the trick I do not know but never had the 'creep in air' problem again.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Captainhook