DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Learning to fly Mini 2 SE

I have to smile about this. You're absolutely right about Airtags being useful for locating an item with inputs from others, and that being more effective in populous areas. My orientation is toward potentially using them to find things I've hidden from myself nearby, like keys.

Thank you again!

Shalom I recently bought a DJI mini 2 drone and tried flying it without a cell fone. After I pair drone and controller the drone does not want to start. I pull joysticks down as shown in video but still nothing. Can anyone help with suggestions to why no flight please?

Shalom I recently bought a DJI mini 2 drone and tried flying it without a cell fone. After I pair drone and controller the drone does not want to start. I pull joysticks down as shown in video but still nothing. Can anyone help with suggestions to why no flight please?
You are going to need a phone with DJI Fly app installed, flying without a phone connected to the controller is not even worth it except in emergencies like an app crash. Without the Fly app there's no way to tell what the drone is asking for, could be compass calibration, IMU calibration, DJI account login to name but a few possibilities. Also, even if you manage to take off without a phone you'll encounter severe flight restrictions. Be sure to download the FLY app from DJI website and not Google Play store, the Play store app is fake.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne