DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 drivers for the remote controller - Windows 10

ekoslav

Reactions
Hi

I am trying to find out the windows 10 drivers for the remote controller RC231 that comes with the Mini 2.

The controller should be recognized as a serial port, but instead it detects the following:

HS-Data Channel
USB\VID_2CA3&PID_1020&REV_0404&MI_01
USB\VID_2CA3&PID_1020&MI_01

MA Channel
USB\VID_2CA3&PID_1020&REV_0404&MI_00
USB\VID_2CA3&PID_1020&MI_00

The google search did not yield any useful information.
I have tried getting help from the DJI support, but was told that they currently have no plans for releasing one.

Have anyone looked into this issue?

So I gotta ask why, thinking of trying a Hack? As Asst. 2 will detect it and USB stands for Universal Serial Bus windows is detecting it as correct and has some default driver?

No, just truing to use the remote to fly in the DJI Flight simulator.
I have upgraded from Mavic Mini 1 to Mini 2.
The controller for Mini 1 worked just fine, so this was a very unpleasant surprise.

Since this is basically an USB to Serial adapter, it is only a matter of finding appropriate windows driver.
Once Windows sees it as a serial port, the Flight Simulator will work.

I have only used the simulator once, M2P, but I am reasonably certain it was the drone that was connected to the computer, not the controller.

Nope.
The drone was recognized as a storage device only.
No luck with the Simulator.
Sorry not much help, but I find it odd that it worked with the MM1...it isn't listed as supported either remote or aircraft. I have never used the Simulator beyond the one built into the P3P Go Program. So downloading the new one just to give it a fly around...basically because It's raining like heck outside...I hope you get it squared away soon. :)

Edit: On my installation I noted that it did indeed install a com port driver. Perhaps if you uninstall the Program and reinstall it may trigger something?

Last edited:
USB can be used as all sorts of connections. In some situations Assistant will connect as serial, others as a network. The network connection can be problematic with Windows 10.

I've seen other non-DJI related USB to serial adapters before. When they have no driver installed, windows shows very similar looking unrecognized devices.
I am fairly certain that this is a serial adapter too.

I'm just trying to find another way before cracking open the controller and locating the physical chip they used ...

Last edited:
I've seen other non-DJI related USB to serial adapters before. When they have no driver installed, windows shows very similar looking unrecognized devices.
I am fairly certain that this is a serial adapter too.

I'm just trying to find another way before cracking open the controller and locating the physical chip they used ...
Have you seen this video? I am having issue right now with it seeing my Smart Controller.

Yes, that is how I got the Mini 1 controller to work.
I've run it one more time - just in case - but it did not help.

That is exactly what I am looking for - just newer version of the driver that supports the chip in the Mini 2 controller.

Yes, that is how I got the Mini 1 controller to work.
I've run it one more time - just in case - but it did not help.

That is exactly what I am looking for - just newer version of the driver that supports the chip in the Mini 2 controller.
Well if it is any consolation I can't get it to detect my SC either and It IS listed as compatible. Oh well. I have ran that driver twice and it shows 3 green check marks but under devices I don't see the DJI Comm one?

Edit: rebooted computer and it connected, under devices it says RM500 (code for SC), it don't like when you change USB protocol to transfer files...it wants charging only.

Last edited:
Success !
Well, kind of ...
I have downloaded the proper Assistant version for Mini 2 (DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series)- DJI Download Center- DJI).
After running the firmware update for the controller, the serial port showed up...
However, instead of one, it showed 2 serial ports, and the lower one shows some activity, but not sending the button and joystick positions - so Flight Simulator still does not work...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d