DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MINI 2 FACTORY RESET POSSIBLE?

360 Guy

Reactions
As posted before, I have a problem with the drone lost locator, where as, if I should lose the drone, "Find my drone" is not working.
I'm only testing the location of the lost bird should the real thing happen.
ONLY TESTING !!

QUESTION: Can the bird be set (like a cell phone can) be put back to factory reset when it was new?
If reset can be done, please explain how.
I'm guessing that it will also correct the "find my drone" malfunctioning program.

TIA,

I have a problem with the drone lost locator, where as, if I should lose the drone, "Find my drone" is not working.
Did you read Meta4's post in that thread?
The FMD feature CAN ONLY take you to the LAST KNOWN position of the drone.

The problem almost certainly lies in the way you are testing the FMD feature and NOT in the feature itself.

The last know position is recorded when the drone knows where it is and the app is connected to the drone via the controller.
If the drone is moved after that and the app is not connected to the drone via the app, then the app had NO IDEA where the drone is, consequently FMD can not take you to the drone's CURRENT position.

Similarly if, in the new location, the drone has insufficient GPS to determine its position, as may happen beneath dense foliage, then the app can not find the drone because the drone itself does not know where it is.
I can have the drone 1" from the controller indoors i.e. with NO GPS, and FMD can not find the drone ............ but the beep and flash will work.

Last edited:
@360 Guy "Thanks for the read gents." leaves me wondering if you now correctly understand how FMD works or if you are still 'confused'?

Last edited:
Thanks for the read gents.
Two additional points have just come to mind that might be relevant, does the phone have an up to-date map of the area in its memory?
Was the phone's location services enabled?
With both those questions I am not sure if the screen captures that you show in the other thread indicate that those 'requirements?' were satisfied.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger-N