DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 firmware 01.03 released

Jesus christ you could get an air2 off ebay for that and just suck it up and use your phone.. Not like you can be texting and snap chatting while you're flying really.
Got to say I kind of agree... I got myself a Samsung Tab 8 for very little money if screen size is a thing. Not too sure what all the excitement is about.

I'd rather they release the SDK like for the Mini so we can have access to more features...

New firmware has been released for the Mini 2. Here’s a complete list of changes:
  • Added support for DJI Smart Controller (requires DJI Smart Controller v01.01.00.58 or later).

• Optimized gimbal FPV mode to improve flying experience.

• Optimized auto-discharge process for battery. Refer to DJI Mini 2 User Manual for more information.

• Improved flight stability and greatly reduced quantity of compass calibration prompts.
The official release notes document is available on the Mini 2 downloads page.
Hi
Sorry if this has been talked about before but I'm confused how this update does anything to fix battery discharge issue. Ive installed dji assistant 2 but the only thing it seems to do is allow data backup. I get no other options to check the battery or update its firmware. Please could you help me.

Reactions: Grazuncle
Interesting. What are the benefits of the smart controller - I suppose convenience, brighter/easier to see screen, and if your phone battery is low this is no longer an issue as you have a dedicated controller? Also - I imagine you need to connect the smart controller to your phone via WiFi - otherwise the smart controller isn’t connected to the internet (so no maps)? Does the controller have its own GPS? Cheers. Also I suppose one downside is you can’t run litchi or dronelink if using the smart controller.
The SC connects with the net or your DJI gear - without a phone. No idea about dronelink or litchi.

Hi
Sorry if this has been talked about before but I'm confused how this update does anything to fix battery discharge issue. Ive installed dji assistant 2 but the only thing it seems to do is allow data backup. I get no other options to check the battery or update its firmware. Please could you help me.
Once you install the updated firmware, the first battery that is in the aircraft will update automatically. If you have additional batteries, once you insert them, you will see an option to update the battery firmware on the opening screen of the fly app.

Reactions: ckoerner
Meant to say that once you install the new firmware with the app. I haven;t used DJI Assistant for some time so I can't recall if there is a separate step you would need to follow to update the batteries using that method.

I was hoping my Gimbal jumping issue (when pointed straight down it seems to flip back up a few degrees) would be fixed with the new firmware but I still experience the problem. Also, I seem to be getting more crashes with the fly app which is a little disconcerting. Otherwise, aircraft flies fine.

Edited to add:
Well that's good timing. I noticed this post Mini 2 camera gimbal jerking down during flight - cause & how to fix which deals exactly with what I was experiencing.

I would’ve loved the smart controller a while back but bought the Tripltek tablet for my Mini 2 months ago, so not running out anytime soon for the controller as the Tripltek was not cheap, granted it is also a tablet and can be used as such as well where the controller can’t but that’sa big but to spend.

I already bought the Tripltek tablet a while back but would’ve loved the smart controller but not gonna spend that amount of cash after buying the Tripltek which was fairly expensive. I know it’s also a tablet and I can use it for other stuff but that’s a big nut to spend extra

I already bought the Tripltek tablet a while back but would’ve loved the smart controller but not gonna spend that amount of cash after buying the Tripltek which was fairly expensive. I know it’s also a tablet and I can use it for other stuff but that’s a big nut to spend extra
Take a look at this video a user posted you will be happy with your decision

WNew firmware has been released for the Mini 2. Here’s a complete list of changes:
  • Added support for DJI Smart Controller (requires DJI Smart Controller v01.01.00.58 or later).

• Optimized gimbal FPV mode to improve flying experience.

• Optimized auto-discharge process for battery. Refer to DJI Mini 2 User Manual for more information.

• Improved flight stability and greatly reduced quantity of compass calibration prompts.
The official release notes document is available on the Mini 2 downloads page.
Hi, just a question regarding the smart controller now permitted in the firmware update. I want to order a smart controller, will the new controller be compatible. On the dji website they don’t include the mini 2. Are there different controllers? Is DJI just slow in updating their website? I am going to do the update this afternoon and want to order the controller as soon as possible.

Also is the screen as bright as advertised in the sun. I use my iphone x and it is almost useless in the sun. Same as my iPad Pro. any help and advice will be greatly appreciated.

Love my mini2, I have owned the mini and the MA air. The mini meets all my needs. I have had my 107 for two years and uptodate with the renewable test. I occasionally do gutter inspections and Hope this controller will keep me from have to try to find shade or fly have to fly non vlo which I try to avoid at all costs.
Thanks again, Bill

It is supposed to fix it. I've charged my batteries and I'm watching them to see if they start discharging.
I thought the batteries were suppose to self discharge if at 100% until like 72% or something. Part of the lipo not getting damaged. So not sure what the update is suppose to do

I have been so busy lately I haven't checked the one battery that was in the Mini 2 when it did the firmware update. apparently it updates the inserted battery at the same time. I have not put a different battery in since. Will try ASAP.

just checked that the firmware is actually 1.0.3 and it is.. it did download and install successfully.

however none of my batteries are at 3 LEDS and they have been out of the hub for over 24 hours.... in the fly app they register full.

confused now..

They would start discharging after 5 days, nothing's gonna happen in 24h... and if you update the others now or turn on the aircraft with the one battery that was in at the time of updating that will reset the 5 day counter.

They would start discharging after 5 days, nothing's gonna happen in 24h... and if you update the others now or turn on the aircraft with the one battery that was in at the time of updating that will reset the 5 day counter.
This is interesting..I have had them discharge in a round a day previously.. not a scientific answer I know.. But.. definitely less that 5 days. I'll leave them alone till the weekend now and see.

Can you check the battery firmware? I don't see it under battery section.. Only status and times charged .. Or I am missing something

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colin King