Mini 2 firmware 01.03 released

msinger

DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
mavichelp.com
New firmware has been released for the Mini 2. Here’s a complete list of changes:
  • Added support for DJI Smart Controller (requires DJI Smart Controller v01.01.00.58 or later).

• Optimized gimbal FPV mode to improve flying experience.

• Optimized auto-discharge process for battery. Refer to DJI Mini 2 User Manual for more information.

• Improved flight stability and greatly reduced quantity of compass calibration prompts.
The official release notes document is available on the Mini 2 downloads page.

Well, there we go. Will be ordering a Smart Controller then.
I was waiting for Mini 2 support to be added so I can use one controller to fly both of my drones.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Question: about the battery charging, discharging.... Does each battery need to be connected inside the running drone to update it or is this managed from the controller or the app???

Question: about the battery charging, discharging.... Does each battery need to be connected inside the running drone to update it or is this managed from the controller or the app???

Firmware updated for the intelligent batteries needs to be done with the battery installed and the aircraft powered on but no motors running. The battery updates are quick.

Reactions: cc_jim and ckoerner
Firmware updated for the intelligent batteries needs to be done with the battery installed and the aircraft powered on but no motors running. The battery updates are quick.
So... do I have to install all batteries one by one and then let the Mini! just idling..... Or?

Yes, insert battery, connect app, it will say Firmware update required.
Power off, change battery and repeat.

What was the binding process for the SC ?
It is already covered on another thread on here but basically all I did was after updating everything, the Mini 2 appears on the SC display after adding and connection shows and sounds the SC linking with associated beeping just held the power button on the Mini 2 for > 4 secs until beeping stopped and that was that. Carried out a quick flight over my local park and all went well. Unfortunately, where I live I cannot really fly the M2P which I got with the SC for a really bargain price recently.

New firmware has been released for the Mini 2. Here’s a complete list of changes:
  • Added support for DJI Smart Controller (requires DJI Smart Controller v01.01.00.58 or later).

• Optimized auto-discharge process for battery. Refer to DJI Mini 2 User Manual for more information.

• Improved flight stability and greatly reduced quantity of compass calibration prompts.

It is already covered on another thread on here but basically all I did was after updating everything, the Mini 2 appears on the SC display after adding and connection shows and sounds the SC linking with associated beeping just held the power button on the Mini 2 for > 4 secs until beeping stopped and that was that. Carried out a quick flight over my local park and all went well. Unfortunately, where I live I cannot really fly the M2P which I got with the SC for a really bargain price recently.
Thank you, That was the easiest SC update , no assistant 2 needed.
Congrats to DJI for a Successful mission update.

I guess this answers the question of if we will see a new SC controller for the Mavic 3 and I dont think we will now.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan