DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 firmware

Does it also works in Litchi? I use Litchi most of the time...
Yes the patch works in Litchi, patching is done even before any app is launched so it's a deal between controller and drone.

Great! I will try it out as soon as I can because now the weather (wind & rain) is spoiling everything on flying my little bird.

The mentioned hack still works with the latest Mini 2 firmware, controller firmware and latest DJI Fly app as available in Jan 2023.
Hi Derek, another Saffer here!

I presume you have a Mini 2? I use the FCC hack as published on this forum by Galbb back in Aug 2021. I run on the pre-latest firmware for the drone and the RC-N1 remote and am really gatvol of the constant reminders to ungrade.

So can you help? Which Jan 2023 firmwares are you running that still works with this hack?

Regards, Riaan

Hi Derek, another Saffer here!

I presume you have a Mini 2? I use the FCC hack as published on this forum by Galbb back in Aug 2021. I run on the pre-latest firmware for the drone and the RC-N1 remote and am really gatvol of the constant reminders to ungrade.

So can you help? Which Jan 2023 firmwares are you running that still works with this hack?

Regards, Riaan
Riaan, Mini 2 yes, aircraft firmware 01.06.0200 and controller firmware 04.11.0200, now on Fly 1.94.

I presume it's the latest firmware since I'm not getting any 'update available' nag screens any longer.

The Gal Mavic air 2 fcc hack still works, bit of a schlepp with cable swapping to hack but still totally worth it for the much better up/downlink transmission power when needed.

Happy droning.

Hi Ronny, I have the same issues with the updates..... But have a look at what Roberson Ricardo says here, bottom of page 11:

Basically, run the patch, then upgrade firmware, then patch becomes permanent. I have not been brave enough to try!

Reactions: Ronny St.
Hi Ronny, I have the same issues with the updates..... But have a look at what Roberson Ricardo says here, bottom of page 11:

Basically, run the patch, then upgrade firmware, then patch becomes permanent. I have not been brave enough to try!
Looks great, but I am also not brave enough to try it out and risk loosing the FCC hack altogether. Maybe someone else on the forum has tried it and knows what to expect ;)

Looks great, but I am also not brave enough to try it out and risk loosing the FCC hack altogether. Maybe someone else on the forum has tried it and knows what to expect ;)
Ok, I did this, and it works.... But I suspect that the sequence is important. This is what I did:

1. Mine is a Mini 2 and it was on firmware 01.06.0200 with RC-N1 firmware 4.11.02 and DjiFly 1.9.4

2. I first upgraded DjiFly to 1.10.0

3. Then started drone and remote control. Ensured connection with drone and full GPS coverage.

4.Then unplug cable from top of RC, replug into bottom port on RC and ran Galbb patch.

5. Replug cable to top RC port and check Transmission Tab in DjiFly for FCC.

6. Then only go to About Tab in DjiFly and check for aircraft firmware update in the About Tab. Do the update to 1.07.0200.

7. Check and confirm that craft is still in FCC mode.

You can now switch off Mini 2 and RC-N1 RC, change craft battery, etc.....

And when you again power on the craft and remote, you'll see that the Mini 2 now is permanently in FCC mode. I have no idea how to now go back to CE mode, not that I would ever want to.

This is a complete game changer.... and I will now gladly stay on this combination of firmwares and Fly App.

Please comment if this works for you as well.

Reactions: Ronny St.
Ok, I did this, and it works.... But I suspect that the sequence is important. This is what I did:

1. Mine is a Mini 2 and it was on firmware 01.06.0200 with RC-N1 firmware 4.11.02 and DjiFly 1.9.4

2. I first upgraded DjiFly to 1.10.0

3. Then started drone and remote control. Ensured connection with drone and full GPS coverage.

4.Then unplug cable from top of RC, replug into bottom port on RC and ran Galbb patch.

5. Replug cable to top RC port and check Transmission Tab in DjiFly for FCC.

6. Then only go to About Tab in DjiFly and check for aircraft firmware update in the About Tab. Do the update to 1.07.0200.

7. Check and confirm that craft is still in FCC mode.

You can now switch off Mini 2 and RC-N1 RC, change craft battery, etc.....

And when you again power on the craft and remote, you'll see that the Mini 2 now is permanently in FCC mode. I have no idea how to now go back to CE mode, not that I would ever want to.

This is a complete game changer.... and I will now gladly stay on this combination of firmwares and Fly App.

Please comment if this works for you as well.
Read in the other topic, Riaan, but kind of you to put it here also, since it concerns both topics.
As I wrote in the other topic:
Thank you for confirming and all the info, Riaan!
I am really inclined now to do it also :)

Can confirm that RiaanJ01's plan worked, did it on my Mini 2 using Fly 1.9.8 and upgraded from craft firmware 01.03.0601 and controller 04.11.0034.
Staying with Fly 1.9.8, had some app crashes with Xiaomi Note 10 pro and Xiaomi Note 8 and Fly 1.10.0 as well as Fly 1.9.9

Reactions: RiaanJ01
Can confirm that RiaanJ01's plan worked, did it on my Mini 2 using Fly 1.9.8 and upgraded from craft firmware 01.03.0601 and controller 04.11.0034.
Staying with Fly 1.9.8, had some app crashes with Xiaomi Note 10 pro and Xiaomi Note 8 and Fly 1.10.0 as well as Fly 1.9.9
Good news then! And as I understand this, the fly app plays no part here, it will even work with Litchi.

I have flown the Mini 2 once today on a tablet with Fly 1.10 and it is back in CE mode. But the original patching method still works, for Fly and for Litchi with the latest firmware for drone and remote.

I dunno, checked mine just now, after cold start it stays in FCC Mode. You did the "fix" on a previous version of DJI Fly but that should not affect it?????

With which device did you do the "fix"? What happens if you use that device?

Last edited:
I dunno, checked mine just now, after cold start it stays in FCC Mode. You did the "fix" on a previous version of DJI Fly but that should not affect it?????

With which device did you do the "fix"? What happens if you use that device?
Could it really be device-dependent? The dronehack.com does the hack on the aircraft itself, not on the RC (experienced this with my M2P for which the dronehack.com even works with the latest firmware). When I know this here for sure, I will choose the smartphone I mostly use for the Mini 2 to do the hack.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada