DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air 2 switch to FCC mode using an android app

Unable to connect to RC.
Tried with 3 phones and a tablet.
Tried several cables, including the original ones, but it won't connect.
RC-N1 firmware - 04.11.0034

I have bought a second hand DJI RC RM330 controller with a modified version of Gal Bareket's FCC APK.
I contacted the seller to ask for the APK file but he would not share it with me.
Anyone have the skills to modify the orginal APK?

Hello All,
I have created an android app which allows switching from CE to FCC mode .

APK is attached , usage (currently need to use bottom type C port for patch only):
1.connect mavic air 2 controller bottom type C cable to your android device , turn on the controller .
2.run my application and press the patch button .
3.change your phone usb connection to normal top one.
4.then open DJI fly app normally and you can obsereve the change in the transmission tab .
Link to the apk
After last update of the App,RC and drone(m3)it doesn't work !!! You can do something about that ? Thank you for your work !!!

Someone here that tried it out on the Mini 2 with the latest firmware and DJI Fly App version? My phone tells me there is an DJI Fly update (their website tells it is now V1.10.0) but I am not brave enough to try it out and risk loosing the FCC hack ;)

Thanks to Roberson Ricardo above for what follows below:

Ok, I did this, and it works.... But I suspect that the sequence is important. This is what I did:

1. Mine is a Mini 2 and it was on firmware 01.06.0200 with RC-N1 firmware 4.11.02 and DjiFly 1.9.4
2. I first upgraded DjiFly to 1.10.0
3. Then started drone and remote control. Ensured connection with drone and full GPS coverage.
4. Then unplug cable from top of RC, replug into bottom port on RC and ran Galbb patch.
5. Replug cable to top RC port and check Transmission Tab in DjiFly for FCC.
6. Then only go to About Tab in DjiFly and check for aircraft firmware update in the About Tab. Do the update to 1.07.0200.
7. Check and confirm that craft is still in FCC mode.
You can now switch off Mini 2 and RC-N1 RC, change craft battery, etc.....

And when you again power on the craft and remote, you'll see that the Mini 2 now is permanently in FCC mode. I have no idea how to now go back to CE mode, not that I would ever want to.

This is a complete game changer.... and I will now gladly stay on this combination of firmwares and Fly App.

Please comment if this works for you as well.

Thanks to Roberson Ricardo above for what follows below:

Ok, I did this, and it works.... But I suspect that the sequence is important. This is what I did:

1. Mine is a Mini 2 and it was on firmware 01.06.0200 with RC-N1 firmware 4.11.02 and DjiFly 1.9.4
2. I first upgraded DjiFly to 1.10.0
3. Then started drone and remote control. Ensured connection with drone and full GPS coverage.
4. Then unplug cable from top of RC, replug into bottom port on RC and ran Galbb patch.
5. Replug cable to top RC port and check Transmission Tab in DjiFly for FCC.
6. Then only go to About Tab in DjiFly and check for aircraft firmware update in the About Tab. Do the update to 1.07.0200.
7. Check and confirm that craft is still in FCC mode.
You can now switch off Mini 2 and RC-N1 RC, change craft battery, etc.....

And when you again power on the craft and remote, you'll see that the Mini 2 now is permanently in FCC mode. I have no idea how to now go back to CE mode, not that I would ever want to.

This is a complete game changer.... and I will now gladly stay on this combination of firmwares and Fly App.

Please comment if this works for you as well.
Thank you for confirming and all the info, Riaan!
I am really inclined now to do it also :)

Reactions: RiaanJ01
Hello If you already have installed all the updates without patch first the djrcn1 I quess there is no way to make ce -> fcc before every flight ?

Just to let you know - no longer working with latest firmware on Mini 3 Pro. The app says patch successful, but no fcc mode (the transmission tab shows no changes and the range is bad).

Just to let you know - no longer working with latest firmware on Mini 3 Pro. The app says patch successful, but no fcc mode (the transmission tab shows no changes and the range is bad).
Are you sure it's the firmware of the drone?

Have you tried to downgrade the app to a lower version?

It was working for me before upgrade with no problems. I'll try to downgrade the app in a moment, haven't tried that yet.

Downgraded the app to 1.9.9 and still doesn't work (was working on that version before firmware upgrade).
Aircraft firmware 01.00.0600, RC firmware 04.14.0600

That firmware added support for FPV Goggles so perhaps there are some changes in transmission...

Btw, I am a mobile app developer by profession so if there's anything I can help with just let me know.

Hi Galbb, I forgot to thank you as creator of this patch in an earlier post, THANK YOU!!!

Not really sure what your patch does, but I guess it changes the GPS location code in the drone firmware. So this should be independent of the App used to fly?

And the sequence that I described earlier probably hard codes a location indicator in the new firmware.

Anyway, you made lots of flyers very happy!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13