DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air 2 switch to FCC mode using an android app

Just tested the app on my Air2s running the latest firmware (whatever that is on 2/5/23)
Used the short usb cable that came with controller. The phone (Oneplus 11 running android 13) detected the controller and prompted me to open the FCC app, The patch was successful. Switched to top port and the 90db mark is below the 1km so i guess it worked? Haven't flight tested it yet, test was done indoors with no GPS signal (in case it makes any difference)
FYI, last month i was testing the same drone & cable with my Oneplus 6 (running android 11). No prompt to run the FCC app and no luck when ran manually (controller not detected). But the fly app worked just fine on the bottom port, so no clue why it did not work on my old phone.
We are waiting for more responses about using the app with newest firmware. I will be able to do it in couple of days

In some cases an OTG cable is required to trigger FCC hack apk ON.
In my case, if I use the cable that comes with the RC, nothing happens, but with the OTG cable, it's OK

I really can not understand what is happening with my mini 2.
I downgraded the firmware of the drone to 01.06.0200, using DJI Assistant. I checked the transmission graph without running the "mavic air 2 fcc" app, and after making the whole procedure and running the app, and in both cases the transmission graph is exactly the same!

Screenshot-20230503-092529.png

It looks like the fcc hack is permanent. That would be great, but unfortunatelly, when I am using the drone, the transmission is very unstable. Like it was, when I first bought the drone, and wasn't using the fcc hack.

Hi, I am glad that the app helped a lot of flyers, All the patch does is to send a command to the drone to enter fcc mode, as you said it could be that the new firmwares are locking the drone to the first region after the update or there are region variants of the fimware, I can't confirm that because I only have one drone and I don't want to lose the ability to be in fcc mode.
I can confirm that the patch now doesn't work with the Mavic 3 Classic. . Was working perfectly before the latest firmware update. It says that patch succesfull but the drone still operates in CE mode.

@galbb , any chance of a patch update? Thanks in advance.

In some cases an OTG cable is required to trigger FCC hack apk ON.
In my case, if I use the cable that comes with the RC, nothing happens, but with the OTG cable, it's OK
Strange... In my case it works with the DJI supplied cable, but when I use a OTG cable (from 50cal) it does not work.

Could it be the latest RC firmware and not the aircraft firmware? I have downgraded the drone's firmware, but the problem persists.

Could it be the latest RC firmware and not the aircraft firmware? I have downgraded the drone's firmware, but the problem persists.
I'm sure that DJI... they do not sleep, and use every minute to fix "holes" in their software, so that they meet the requirements of the region in which they sell.
I guess if an RC with an older firmware is found, it will clarify where the problem is.

I tried to downgrade RC firmware using DJI Assistant, but it only shows me the current firmware (04.11.0200) which is from December 2022.

Something I noticed since the problem begun, is that I usually have transmission problems when I am returning the drone to the home point. Today I run another range test, and until the 2Km my RC signal was 5/5. When returning the signal was around 2-3 out of 5 at the same point. I do not know if it has to do with the firmware. Probably the CE transmission power is much lower, so even the direction of the drone antennas makes a great difference to the RC signal.

Something I noticed since the problem begun, is that I usually have transmission problems when I am returning the drone to the home point. Today I run another range test, and until the 2Km my RC signal was 5/5. When returning the signal was around 2-3 out of 5 at the same point. I do not know if it has to do with the firmware. Probably the CE transmission power is much lower, so even the direction of the drone antennas makes a great difference to the RC signal.
It is normal that the direction of the drone antennas makes a great difference, since they are not omnidirectional. In the manual of the Mini 2 you can find the following info (text is in Dutch, but the picture explains it all):

test_1.jpg

OK, I know that. In the range tests I just fly the drone in a straight line, with no obstacles between me and the drone. When it reaches the max distance, I just make a turn and fly the drone back. I do not know which is the reason, but when I return the drone, the signal is weaker in every test I run.

The fun fact is that when the FCC hack was working, I was usually flying my drone from inside my car (great faraday cage!), with no problems at all!

OK, I know that. In the range tests I just fly the drone in a straight line, with no obstacles between me and the drone. When it reaches the max distance, I just make a turn and fly the drone back. I do not know which is the reason, but when I return the drone, the signal is weaker in every test I run.

The fun fact is that when the FCC hack was working, I was usually flying my drone from inside my car (great faraday cage!), with no problems at all!
You could do a test with the drone coming backwards instead of turning him to you. The front legs are the antennas, so then you would be comparing the signal strength in the same directional conditions.

Thanks to Roberson Ricardo above for what follows below:

Ok, I did this, and it works.... But I suspect that the sequence is important. This is what I did:

1. Mine is a Mini 2 and it was on firmware 01.06.0200 with RC-N1 firmware 4.11.02 and DjiFly 1.9.4
2. I first upgraded DjiFly to 1.10.0
3. Then started drone and remote control. Ensured connection with drone and full GPS coverage.
4. Then unplug cable from top of RC, replug into bottom port on RC and ran Galbb patch.
5. Replug cable to top RC port and check Transmission Tab in DjiFly for FCC.
6. Then only go to About Tab in DjiFly and check for aircraft firmware update in the About Tab. Do the update to 1.07.0200.
7. Check and confirm that craft is still in FCC mode.
You can now switch off Mini 2 and RC-N1 RC, change craft battery, etc.....

And when you again power on the craft and remote, you'll see that the Mini 2 now is permanently in FCC mode. I have no idea how to now go back to CE mode, not that I would ever want to.

This is a complete game changer.... and I will now gladly stay on this combination of firmwares and Fly App.

Please comment if this works for you as well.
Just followed these steps with my Mini 2. I had firmware version 1.07.0200 installed already, so I downgraded it using DJI Assistant to version 1.06.0200. Remote firmware and app version are the same as the instructions. After that I just followed the steps and I too have FCC mode, even after a reboot of both the drone and the remote. One thing I do have to add is that I force closed the DJI Fly app before starting with the steps, and I did not connect my phone to the remote until step 4.

Thank you very much for the instructions RiaanJ01, and galbb for creating the app!

I tried to downgrade RC firmware using DJI Assistant, but it only shows me the current firmware (04.11.0200) which is from December 2022.
I updated my Mini 2 about 2-3 weeks ago using the DJI Fly app to version 1.07.0200 (latest as of writing). Maybe you need to be on the latest update to roll back to 01.06.0200 via DJI Assistant, after which you can follow the steps. Please make sure the app version and RC firmware version are the same as described by RiaanJ01, and take my previous reply in account: One thing I do have to add is that I force closed the DJI Fly app before starting with the steps, and I did not connect my phone to the remote until step 4.

Good luck!

I upgraded the drone once again to 1.07.0200. The transmission graph shows that the FCC hack is permanent. Made another range test today but the results where the same. 2-3 bars after 2.5Km, lost signal at 3.5Km. The signal is much worser when returning the drone to home point. I was flying at 120m and had LoS with the drone.
Before the DJI "updates", when the FCC hack was working, I had set the max distance to 4Km, not because of transmission issues, but to prevent running out of battery.
The problem is that in urban areas, I have transmission issues, even on 700 or 500m distance, while with the FCC hack I could fly it to over 2Km without problems.

In Mini 3 pro there is no chance to convert to fcc after latest updates

edit:

I 've just bought a modded app dji fly which enables fcc every time it starts . Without connecting the serial port of the Dji - rcn1.,without changing the firmware of the drone.

Last edited:
edit:

I 've just bought a modded app dji fly which enables fcc every time it starts . Without connecting the serial port of the Dji - rcn1.,without changing the firmware of the drone.
Could you please check that it is really working? Mine shows that the fcc hack succeed, the transmission graph looks like it is in fcc mode, but in reality it is in CE (same range, same transmission problems).

Have you bought the drone-hacks app?

Today I can't try it but the next few days I will.
No it's modded app from drone twe@ks . The fcc turns on when gps signal is full ....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy