DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air 2 switch to FCC mode using an android app

Pity drone twe@ks charges every year again. Dronehacks has to bought only once, but unfortunately a downgrade for e.g. the Mini 2 is not possible to apply the hack. If drone twe@ks would charge only once, there would be a lot more people willing to buy it.

Reactions: andrant
Could you please check that it is really working? Mine shows that the fcc hack succeed, the transmission graph looks like it is in fcc mode, but in reality it is in CE (same range, same transmission problems).

Have you bought the drone-hacks app?
Are you implying that even when the transmission tab shows FCC, it might still be CE? How does one verify this?

Mini pro 3... I just lost fcc and Dsnt work anymore DJI ap 1.10.1 /, RC 04.14.0600 / firmware aircraft 01.00.0600

Just wondering if it's aircraft firmware or RC firmware causing the issue with mini 3pro
as you could * enable it throught RC ( free hack which is not working right now), through drone firmware (drone h@cks), or throught the app (modded fly app) I quess that there are a lot ways to do that. I don't know if is the same result.

Can anyone tell if my mini 3 pro is in FCC or CE mode? My -90Mhz line is just very slightly below the ~1km and the -90Mhz marks.
8BC20070-7A14-425C-8AAB-224829A6BFF5.png

Those videos on YouTube their 90Mhz line is very much lower than the ~1km mark
ECD64ED2-2950-4B9E-8BC6-39A633E2DC0A.jpeg

Appreciate if someone can help to justify.

Last edited:
Are you implying that even when the transmission tab shows FCC, it might still be CE? How does one verify this?
I just found out that although I was running the FCC hack the drone behaved like when I first bought it and was flying only in CE mode. Transmission issues over 2Km distance (in open space), and over 700m in urban areas. When I was flying in FCC mode I could fly to over 4Km without any issues and to 2Km in urban areas. It was working so well that I was usually flying my drone from inside my car.
Now, the transmission tab shows that I am in FCC mode (without even running the FCC hack), but the drone flies like it is in CE mode.
My concern is, if other FCC hacks really turn on the FCC mode, or just show in transmission tab that you fly in FCC.

Reactions: YonnyMestampo
I just found out that although I was running the FCC hack the drone behaved like when I first bought it and was flying only in CE mode. Transmission issues over 2Km distance (in open space), and over 700m in urban areas. When I was flying in FCC mode I could fly to over 4Km without any issues and to 2Km in urban areas. It was working so well that I was usually flying my drone from inside my car.
Now, the transmission tab shows that I am in FCC mode (without even running the FCC hack), but the drone flies like it is in CE mode.
My concern is, if other FCC hacks really turn on the FCC mode, or just show in transmission tab that you fly in FCC.
That would be awkward!

What's Your aircraft firmware?

It is the latest 01.07.0200. I downgraded to the previous one, using DJI Assistant, hoping it will fix the problem, but nothing changed. I spotted the problem with the FCC hack on the end of March, so this firmware is probably the reason.

Reactions: paulobrazil
I was stupid enough to update my RC to the latest 04.14.0600. As a result the patch is no longer working. I tried downgrading to .0400 and even .0300, but that also did not help to install the patch again. Anyone any feedback on that?
I bought this RC-N1 separately next to my existing DJI RC with screen, just to be able to fly on FCC. :-(

In my opinion it is so wrong from DJI to impose customers their way of thinking. If I buy a car, the speed is not limited to the maximum speed allowed on the highway. When I want to take the risk of speeding, it is my own decision. But DJI treats us like children who have to be restrained in their acting. Pffff....

I am not sure yet, but I think that if I change the FCC hack procedure, the hack still works. Yesterday I patched two times the FCC hack and flighted the drone to over 3Km at only 50m altitude, with no transmission problems at all.
Today I tried the same thing and I had disconnection at 700m.
I will try to find the right procedure and post the findings.

In my opinion it is so wrong from DJI to impose customers their way of thinking. If I buy a car, the speed is not limited to the maximum speed allowed on the highway. When I want to take the risk of speeding, it is my own decision. But DJI treats us like children who have to be restrained in their acting. Pffff....
Nope. The law is different regarding cars. If DJI wouldn't limit the transmission power they wouldn't be able to legally sell their drones in the EU.

Ok but why to block not official hacks...
I don’t think they blocked it intentionally. Probably something changed in the protocol when they added compatibility with Goggles. Other (paid) hacks still work. I use one with the RC controller (the one with screen that came with Mini 3) and it still works. If they REALLY would want to block it they could by just using drone’s gps location during flight. You can’t really fake that. But they don’t do that.

Reactions: sebanwo
Would somebody of you know what the maximum latest versions are that still allows for this to work for the DJI Mini 3 Pro? If it works for you, what are you on?
  • Firmware of the Drone: ? (I am on 01.00.0600 and cannot downgrade with DJI Assistant)
  • Firmware of the RC-N1: ? (I reversed this to 04.14.0300)
  • DJI Fly app version: ? (I tried several versions: 1.10.0, 1.9.9, 1.9.4i
Help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme