DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air 2 switch to FCC mode using an android app

I can confirm it's working with the Smart Controller or should I say in spite of it lol!
Anyway very simple if a little clunky!
I've tested it with my Air 2S so should also work with the Air 2 and mini 2

You will need an original controller and android phone that has the FCC patch app and DJI Fly loaded on it.

Bind or re-bind the drone to the original controller.
Run the FCC patch and check it was successful,
Keep the drone turned on but power down the original controller.

Power up the Smart Controller and bind or re-bind it to the drone.
Launch DJI Fly and the drone will still be in FCC mode!

Wait for the home point to be recorded and fly with FCC power with your Smart Controller.

Not very elegant but it works and although it sounds long winded in reality it takes me less than 2 minutes from start to finish.

Of course once the drone is powered down you have to repeat the procedure if you want FCC mode

Hello All,
I have created an android app which allows switching from CE to FCC mode .

APK is attached , usage (currently need to use bottom type C port for patch only):
1.connect mavic air 2 controller bottom type C cable to your android device , turn on the controller .
2.run my application and press the patch button .
3.change your phone usb connection to normal top one.
4.then open DJI fly app normally and you can obsereve the change in the transmission tab .
Link to the apk
How do I switch to 5.8GHz?

Hello All,

APK is attached , usage (currently need to use bottom type C port for patch only):
1.connect mavic air 2 controller bottom type C cable to your android device , turn on the controller .
4.then open DJI fly app normally and you can obsereve the change in the transmission tab .
Link to the apk

Reactions: MouGe
Hello All,

Link to the apk
can you make for Mini 3 Pro?

Hi all. Just an important comment/question by me.
Have you ever tried the RTH function with the FCC hack applied? I mean are we sure that everything works properly as it is a safety issue.

Hello All,

Link to the apk
Hello brother do you have a apk file to change the height limitations parameter??
Am very much tired of the height limitations

I've tried the patch it said success but when i go into dji fly i can see the signal line is still CE not FCC
Does it work on latest firmware on MA2? that's what my drone is at but not sure what im doing wrong.

This is what i did:

1) Plugged in usb cable to the bottom of the controller and to the phone, then turned the controller on
2) ran the app and patched successfully
3) switched the cable from bottom of controller to top of controller
4) turned on the power on MA2
5) ran dji fly to check transmission

Is this any different from what you are doing?
Id say you need to first turn controller/TX on and bind to drone, then plug phone in with cable to bottom of controller/TX, the patch comes on the phones screen, patch successfully, then plug in to top of controller and check in fly app under transmission.
Now I just start Litchi as I only fly VR after patching and signal is notably improved. A great improvement.
Its also free this patch...
It works with air 2 and air 2s but I havent been able to get it working with mavic 2 zoom so I hardly use it and its for sale.

Reactions: Lecheeb
Hello All,

Link to the apk

After the latest update and 1.9.0 ver it says that device / controller not found.
Mini 2

Hello. I used dronetweaks FCC but sience I buyed Fold 4. It doesn't work anymore due to some incompatibility with SN Gen1+ processor. Yesterday I found this app and try it. It work perfect with Android 13 and 1.90 DJI Fly app. But I don't update firmware to latest : Air 2S 2.04.2500 and RCN1 04.12 0100. Somebody with those new version can confirm or not if works ?

правильно, 85, я ошибся в первой цифре, но не могу ее отредактировать
Do you know what does this array do?
85, 13, 4, 33, 42, 31, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, -122, 32

I know that "open" 5.8 this one
85, 24, 4, 32, 2, 9, 0, 0, 64, 9, 39, 0, 2, 72, 0, -1, -1, 2, 0, 0, 0, 0, -127, 31

@galbb It would be nice if you could open source this on GitHub!

Hi, I just patched my Mavic Mini 2 to FCC mode and after patching I've updated firmware to newest version.
I can confirm, that now patch is pernament and every time when I start drone FCC mode is active.

Kudos to galbb for his great app!

Reactions: Lecheeb
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure