DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air 2 switch to FCC mode using an android app

I can confirm that the hack still works. I just updated my Air 2 to the latest v01.01.09.20 and remote Controller to v04.11.00.34. DJI Fly App for Android is v1.6.8.
Interesting, I am on 01.01.0610 firmware and the app is not working, I get the not connected screen.

Do you use the same Android phone to run the cracking app and DJI fly?
Yep. Same dumbass phone hehe. Actually the phone I used before died so I'm now using a different one.... FCC still there it seems...

You've updated to the latest fw? What number is that now?

Okay, This is weird but works (?) at least I see the 1km mark going up in transmission screen.
1. Power up Mavic and Remote
2. Using bottom USBC - USBC cable I connect my S10e on Android 12 and hit "patch". I get message on successful patch.
3. I unplug my phone (leaving the USB C cable at the bottom port) and plug the USBC- Micro USB cable to my Huawei Tablet with running DJI FLY app. Drone connects, I go to transmission tab and see the 1km mark being slightly above the line.

Good afternoon. I made a point of registering here just to comment on this post. I've been looking for an FCC app for my Mavic Air2S for a few good weeks. Several paid in Euros, which is very expensive for a person who lives in Brazil (as is my case). Today by a bliss of fate falls here and found all the comments.
I installed the app on my Xiaomi 11 and thought "whatever God wants". Worked perfectly! For the first time I managed to fly the drone far from home without losing even 1 signal point. Friend, you who created this app are a saint! A savior! You deserve every donation you receive and I will be one of them to send you a coffee as a thank you. You are surreal!

Hello All,
I have created an android app which allows switching from CE to FCC mode .

APK is attached , usage (currently need to use bottom type C port for patch only):
1.connect mavic air 2 controller bottom type C cable to your android device , turn on the controller .
2.run my application and press the patch button .
3.change your phone usb connection to normal top one.
4.then open DJI fly app normally and you can obsereve the change in the transmission tab .
Link to the apk
Hi,
I used this APK with my Mav Air 2 and it worked well until I changed for a my Mini 3 Pro recently. Today, with the last app DJI Fly 1.6.8 and the same phone, my phone turns off as soon as I connect it to the front USB of the RC. Thererfore I can't use this FCC patch any more, it's too bad!
I wonder if the problem comes from this latest DJI Fly update and if it can be solved with a new version of the patch (?)

Hi,
I'm trying to use the app wiht my new DJI Mini 3 Pro, just to see how better the FCC mode would be compared to CE mode (yes I live in Europe).
I don't have a recent Android phone (I'm an iPhone user) so I had to pull out of the drawer an old Xiaomi Redmi Note 4. I installed DJI Fly and it works fine (a bit slow but I don't care), it connects to the RC-N1 and I can see picture and data from the drone so the connection i ok . I also installed the Mavic Air 2 FCC APK and it runs fine, except that when I try to patch the remote it can't find it. Yes, I'm connecting the cable (in my case it's a USB-C to Micro USB cable) to the rear USB port of the remote when applying the patch but it looks like the app can't detect the device... Anything that I may try to fix this issue?
Thanks

Hi,
I'm trying to use the app wiht my new DJI Mini 3 Pro, just to see how better the FCC mode would be compared to CE mode (yes I live in Europe).
I don't have a recent Android phone (I'm an iPhone user) so I had to pull out of the drawer an old Xiaomi Redmi Note 4. I installed DJI Fly and it works fine (a bit slow but I don't care), it connects to the RC-N1 and I can see picture and data from the drone so the connection i ok . I also installed the Mavic Air 2 FCC APK and it runs fine, except that when I try to patch the remote it can't find it. Yes, I'm connecting the cable (in my case it's a USB-C to Micro USB cable) to the rear USB port of the remote when applying the patch but it looks like the app can't detect the device... Anything that I may try to fix this issue?
Thanks
Not rear usb port, but front usb port...

Yes, I meant this one (see pic)
Hi,
I try to use this FCC mod APK on my Mini 3 Pro after using it for a long time on my Air 2 but althouch I use the same Samsung S8+ with the RC N1, my phone turns off as soon as I connect it to the front USB of the RC.
Do you think the problem comes from the last DJI Fly update (1.6.8) ? Anything I can do to fix this pb?

Hi I also have a usb-c to micro usb and the app doesn't see the controller, however I tried from my gfs phone, her phone uses usb c to usb c and it worked. Can anyone confirm if usb c to micro usb works or not. unless something's wrong with my phone

Hello All,

APK is attached , usage (currently need to use bottom type C port for patch only):
1.connect mavic air 2 controller bottom type C cable to your android device , turn on the controller .
4.then open DJI fly app normally and you can obsereve the change in the transmission tab .
Link to the apk
Hello,
thank you for this Patch app. I did everything from instructions and it seems to work on my Mini 3 Pro (RC-N1 controller, drone firmware: 01.00.0201 )
before:
Screenshot_2022-07-24-22-49-35-80_191bf65d113e2834a69f3c16c1a76eae.jpg
Screenshot_2022-07-24-22-49-28-81_191bf65d113e2834a69f3c16c1a76eae.jpg

and after patch:
Screenshot_2022-07-24-23-42-22-25_191bf65d113e2834a69f3c16c1a76eae.jpg

I was flying over city and it seem to work but I need to do more tests. I flew 900meters where before changing I managed to fly only 400 but there is lot of buildings and interference. I have to go to some place with lot open space.
I will let know if this fcc really works on my Mini3 Pro 👍

Last edited:
Bonjour à tous, je suis passé à une tablette iOS iPad mini 4. Le hack fonctionne également mais vous devez l'appliquer avec un téléphone Android et après connecter l'iPad à la télécommande comme d'habitude. En termes de transmission, c'est la barre totale qui dépasse les 90 et non les km qui remontent comme avec Android...

galbb,
I have Mavic 3 with RC Pro which can be installed and run third party app. So I installed your app on this RC Pro, have it connected to my drone. But every times I hit "patch", the app closed. It shown a warning "the app keeps closing". I would greatly appreciate if you can mod this app for the RC Pro. I really need it as I don't want to bring along RC N1 everytime I need to hack. Please make make this magic happens.

Hello,
thank you for this Patch app. I did everything from instructions and it seems to work on my Mini 3 Pro (RC-N1 controller, drone firmware: 01.00.0201 )
before:
View attachment 152981
View attachment 152982

and after patch:
View attachment 152983

I was flying over city and it seem to work but I need to do more tests. I flew 900meters where before changing I managed to fly only 400 but there is lot of buildings and interference. I have to go to some place with lot open space.
I will let know if this fcc really works on my Mini3 Pro 👍
After tests I can only confirm that in my case range is only better for 150meters. Nothing special happened after patch. 1,5km max. range so even if transmission show ~1km above the line 90db in my case I dont see much improvement and I highly doubt my drone is unlocked to FCC. Maybe only controller is unlocked...I dont know.

Hello All,

Link to the apk

Which Android version is required? I use Iphone thats why i ask, i got an older Smartphone, a Galaxy S8 and would like to use this one.

Which Android version is required? I use Iphone thats why i ask, i got an older Smartphone, a Galaxy S8 and would like to use this one.
I have Android 12 and patch was applied successfuly and ~1km was above 90db but I report really poor improvement. 😐 I give up with this.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78