DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air 2 switch to FCC mode using an android app

Hi , after you power cycle the drone everything will return back to the original state.
Interesting... I've turned off my drone, removed the battery, turned off the controller, killed the app on my phone (both DJI and yours)... turn on the drone, turn on the controller, start DJI Fly, go to transmission and still shows as FCC is enabled!
Going to test range like this to see what I get.

Just confirmed. Booted my drone, connected the controller and without applying the patch went for a spin... did 5KM distance from me and returned (did a few hundred meters in sport mode and it's a bit windy so... battery took a bit of a beating hehe).

Cool stuff :)

What is the principle? Can the IOS platform theoretically achieve the same functions

Interesting... I've turned off my drone, removed the battery, turned off the controller, killed the app on my phone (both DJI and yours)... turn on the drone, turn on the controller, start DJI Fly, go to transmission and still shows as FCC is enabled!
Going to test range like this to see what I get.
Do you use the same Android phone to run the cracking app and DJI fly?

Hello All,
I have created an android app which allows switching from CE to FCC mode .

APK is attached , usage (currently need to use bottom type C port for patch only):
1.connect mavic air 2 controller bottom type C cable to your android device , turn on the controller .
2.run my application and press the patch button .
3.change your phone usb connection to normal top one.
4.then open DJI fly app normally and you can obsereve the change in the transmission tab .
Link to the apk

If you would like to donate to me helping me buying my next drone and support me with my next projects :

Donate me :)

Hello All,
I have created an android app which allows switching from CE to FCC mode .

APK is attached , usage (currently need to use bottom type C port for patch only):
1.connect mavic air 2 controller bottom type C cable to your android device , turn on the controller .
2.run my application and press the patch button .
3.change your phone usb connection to normal top one.
4.then open DJI fly app normally and you can obsereve the change in the transmission tab .
Link to the apk

If you would like to donate to me helping me buying my next drone and support me with my next projects :

Donate me :)
Where can i download the apk app?

The patch perfectly works with Samsung A40 (Android 11) and LG V30+ (Android 9).
It doesn't works with Google Pixel 6 (Android 12).
All smartphones OS are completely stock.

@galbb: I suppose your fcc enabling will not work anymore on Mini2 with latest firmware 1.04.00? (Possibly this is one reason for the new firmware). Did you ore somebody else try it?
Whats about DJI Fly app? Any problems with newest DJI Fly 1.6.x Apps?

View attachment 150655

Doesn't work on my remote too
mini 3 Aircraft firmware: 01.00.0150
RC firmware: 04.14.0117
hope have new patch, thank you 🙏
Previously I found that applying the hack can be a hit or a miss on my Air 2. But I have since made sure it's working 100% from the get go.

1. With the phone switched on, connect USB cable first to the phone without running the hack.
2. Power on remote. Wait for around 5 seconds.
3. Connect the other side of the USB cable to the bottom side of the remote.
4. If your phone screen is on, you can see the Mavic air 2 fcc 1.0.0.apk app start by itself. Then press the PATCH button.

I also can confirm that there is no need to power on the drone for the hack to work. Just power on the remote will do.

Hi , after you power cycle the drone everything will return back to the original state.
I confirm the same observations as what the other member Ghosty experienced. The FCC hack remained in place even after a power cycle. I found this by accident when I updated to the latest firmware on my Air 2. I switched off the controller and remote. I even rebooted my Android phone and after powering up the remote, drone and starting up the DJI App, I checked that the 90db line above the 1km in the Transmissions tab.

When I started using the hack a few months ago, this wasn't the case and my drone went back to original state after a power cycle and had to apply the hack everytime before I flew. I don't know which firmware update that cause the Air 2 to have the FCC hack change permanent.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78