Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air 2 switch to FCC mode using an android app

it worked only when I did it first time
5,8 was enabled as well

then I tried patch many times with no result
mavic air 2

Last edited:
It worked only once? If no change in firmware and application that's strange, because a program works always in the same way unless there is a hardware or software change.
I have a Mini 2 and it works alt the time again.

Just would like to say that the app worked splendid on my Mavic Air 2. Many thanks to galbb for it.

Anyway, would like to share that for convenience, I have a 2nd Android phone with a short USB Type C cable to do the quick connect to the bottom of the RC and run the FCC patch app when the main Android phone device used for flying is mounted but not USB attached to the RC. Once the FCC patch is done, I unplug the 2nd Android phone and connect the USB cable at the top of the RC to the main Android phone to start up DJI Fly.

Question from me is would there be a revised version in the works to also enable ADS-B for owners outside of the US who have AirSense equipped Mavic Air 2? Would love to have this feature enabled also. Cheers.

Hello, I have Dji Mavic Mini (first revision not Mini 2) with one single usb input, I tried to use the android app but having an error.
Is there a way to use this app wit the Mini 1?
Screenshot_20220109-094850_mavic air 2 fcc.jpg

Can somebody confirm that "Mavic air 2 FCC.apk" actually boosts the signal of the drone or is it just a UI tweak.
I've tried it a lot of times, it indeed changes the dbm scale under transmission tab but I cannot understand if it boosts the signal because I have the same results with or without using the mod.
I did a lot of tests these days with my Mini2 but in 4-5 km away (I had to return it back because of battery draining) the signal level was the same both in ce and fcc mode.

Doesn't seem to work for me :/

Mavic Air 2
Aircraft FW: 01.01.0670
RC FW: 04.11.0016

Edit: Fixed by having drone turned on during patching process. However, the tweak seems to be gone after a reboot.

Last edited:
Can somebody confirm that "Mavic air 2 FCC.apk" actually boosts the signal of the drone or is it just a UI tweak.
I've tried it a lot of times, it indeed changes the dbm scale under transmission tab but I cannot understand if it boosts the signal because I have the same results with or without using the mod.
I did a lot of tests these days with my Mini2 but in 4-5 km away (I had to return it back because of battery draining) the signal level was the same both in ce and fcc mode.

I did some tests with a rf signal strength meter and I also cannot see any difference in power output, seems to be only a UI tweak.

I did some tests with a rf signal strength meter and I also cannot see any difference in power output, seems to be only a UI tweak.
It seemed to work under heavy interference environments. I did the following test.
I flight over a big city and at about distance of 800m it started showing up signal warnings with 2 signal bars. So while flying i disconnected my phone from RC (drone was hovering) and I connected it to the buttom port, I did the patch and then reconnected the phone to upper USB of RC.
Signal went straignt to 5 bars with no warnings. So I guess it worked for me that time.

Hello, is there any experience that this patch will accect Refresh Care application in case of an accident?

Hello, is there any experience that this patch will accect Refresh Care application in case of an accident?
Care refresh has nothing to do with the patch. Care is there to cover you the damage no mater what's the fault. The only thing that might count is warranty coverage in case of crash (drone factory failure) while using the patch but it is not sure that it might be a problem.

Reactions: itsintilas
Hello All,
I have created an android app which allows switching from CE to FCC mode .

APK is attached , usage (currently need to use bottom type C port for patch only):
1.connect mavic air 2 controller bottom type C cable to your android device , turn on the controller .
2.run my application and press the patch button .
3.change your phone usb connection to normal top one.
4.then open DJI fly app normally and you can obsereve the change in the transmission tab .
Link to the apk

If you would like to donate to me helping me buying my next drone and support me with my next projects :

Donate me :)
Hi, this not work with Mini 1?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada