DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic air 2 switch to FCC mode using an android app

I've tried the patch it said success but when i go into dji fly i can see the signal line is still CE not FCC
Does it work on latest firmware on MA2? that's what my drone is at but not sure what im doing wrong.

This is what i did:

1) Plugged in usb cable to the bottom of the controller and to the phone, then turned the controller on
2) ran the app and patched successfully
3) switched the cable from bottom of controller to top of controller
4) turned on the power on MA2
5) ran dji fly to check transmission

Is this any different from what you are doing?
Yes you need to have the MA2 switched on and connected to the controller when you run the patch.
Then when you see patched successful swap the cable over and start dji air without turning anything off.

Once the bird powers down and up again the patch is cleared and has to be re-applied before each flight (or it does in my case)

Also be aware that in the Android case the line itself doesn't move from 90db the only thing that moves is the 1km mark on the right. Adjacent to the line is CE, above the line is FCC

Reactions: Lecheeb
I haven't tested it on the mavic air 2s only on the mavic air 2 but it might work , please let me know if it work

Yes you need to have the MA2 switched on and connected to the controller when you run the patch.
Then when you see patched successful swap the cable over and start dji air without turning anything off.

Once the bird powers down and up again the patch is cleared and has to be re-applied before each flight (or it does in my case)

Also be aware that in the Android case the line itself doesn't move from 90db the only thing that moves is the 1km mark on the right. Adjacent to the line is CE, above the line is FCC
Thank you, it should be working now, I didn't follow the instruction properly. duh.
Yes the 1km mark is above the line now, can't wait to take my MA2 for a flight tomorrow.

Thanks for the help and OP for making the app.

Thank you, it should be working now, I didn't follow the instruction properly. duh.
Yes the 1km mark is above the line now, can't wait to take my MA2 for a flight tomorrow.

Thanks for the help and OP for making the app.
No problem.

I'm pretty sure this would also work for iPads and iPhones as long as you applied the patch first with an android device.
I'll check that at some point today and report back

I've tried the patch tonight and it definitely works flew out In a known bad area normally signal drops about 1230meters with the patch I got as far as 3000m almost 2miles with a few bars left only battery warning stopped me pushing it further, its over fields no property or roads about ,it was a test flight to see have far I could reach
You do need to apply the patch each flight but it takes seconds

Glad you got it working. I can also confirm it works the same on iPad's and iPhone's as long as you apply the patch with an Android device

Glad you got it working. I can also confirm it works the same on iPad's and iPhone's as long as you apply the patch with an Android device
so, that means, power up both drone and controller, run the patcher from an android device, then just use a regular IOS device with regular Fly APP?

I had a test flight today with the patch app, indeed the MA2 signal is much more reliable, not a single hitch even, where it used to struggle with signal.

so, that means, power up both drone and controller, run the patcher from an android device, then just use a regular IOS device with regular Fly APP?
Yes that is correct. Once you have patched it remove the usb-c cable from the bottom port and plug in the ios device to the top port without switching anything off and run dji fly

Reactions: lee82gx
Hello All,
I have created an android app which allows switching from CE to FCC mode .

APK is attached , usage (currently need to use bottom type C port for patch only):
1.connect mavic air 2 controller bottom type C cable to your android device , turn on the controller .
2.run my application and press the patch button .
3.change your phone usb connection to normal top one.
4.then open DJI fly app normally and you can obsereve the change in the transmission tab .
Link to the apk

If you would like to donate to me helping me buying my next drone and support me with my next projects :

Donate me :)
Hello! Your app works on a2s. But I should do same actions before each flight. How can i use if once for all time?

It seems, that it works only with original cable?
I have tried to use another original cable with connector, app didn't see controller

I am currently using a standard type c to type c cable from a Samsung phone box and it's working fine
It's working fine with the top port?
Or bottom port too?
My Samsung cable with connector works fine with top port, but doesn't work with bottom port (app can't find controller)

Bottom port doesntwork with such connector

Attachments

• 20210923_202654.jpg
    20210923_202654.jpg
    831.2 KB · Views: 59
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member