DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 firmware

I dunno, checked mine just now, after cold start it stays in FCC Mode. You did the "fix" on a previous version of DJI Fly but that should not affect it?????

With which device did you do the "fix"? What happens if you use that device?
I have upgraded Fly from 1.9.8 to 1.10.1 on all my devices, the original one included and the Mini 2 is back to CE on all of them. So to be on the safe side stick to what you currently have, Fly version included.
The reason I upgraded was to get 48mp capability on my new Mini 3.
I have followed another route for achieving FCC on all the drones I use on Fly app.
I'll have to stick to the Galbb patch when using Litchi on the Mini 2. The Galbb patch does not work on the Mini 3 but Litchi also not yet.

Ok, I did this, and it works.... But I suspect that the sequence is important. This is what I did:

1. Mine is a Mini 2 and it was on firmware 01.06.0200 with RC-N1 firmware 4.11.02 and DjiFly 1.9.4

2. I first upgraded DjiFly to 1.10.0

3. Then started drone and remote control. Ensured connection with drone and full GPS coverage.

4.Then unplug cable from top of RC, replug into bottom port on RC and ran Galbb patch.

5. Replug cable to top RC port and check Transmission Tab in DjiFly for FCC.

6. Then only go to About Tab in DjiFly and check for aircraft firmware update in the About Tab. Do the update to 1.07.0200.

7. Check and confirm that craft is still in FCC mode.

You can now switch off Mini 2 and RC-N1 RC, change craft battery, etc.....

And when you again power on the craft and remote, you'll see that the Mini 2 now is permanently in FCC mode. I have no idea how to now go back to CE mode, not that I would ever want to.

This is a complete game changer.... and I will now gladly stay on this combination of firmwares and Fly App.

Please comment if this works for you as well.
Great news for you! I decided to go on and try it here also.

Followed your instructions and the first 5 steps worked perfect. But...when I go to step 6 and want to update the aircraft firmware, I get the message 'Server error. Wait a moment and try again. Error code 0x1103a0090012' and then this message disappears immediately. Waited and tried again several times, but same error. Turned off blue tooth, tried in hotspot mode, but no progress. I am still on 01.05.0000 and cannot get updated.

What can I do to overcome this? And was it possible I could was able to update verything except the firmware?
Just rebooted everything and tried again: I can still apply the patch but cannot update the AC firmware. I hope I can solve that to get the hack permanent ;)

Last edited:
I have upgraded Fly from 1.9.8 to 1.10.1 on all my devices, the original one included and the Mini 2 is back to CE on all of them. So to be on the safe side stick to what you currently have, Fly version included.
The reason I upgraded was to get 48mp capability on my new Mini 3.
I have followed another route for achieving FCC on all the drones I use on Fly app.
I'll have to stick to the Galbb patch when using Litchi on the Mini 2. The Galbb patch does not work on the Mini 3 but Litchi also not yet.
Which route did you follow to get FCC?

Great news for you! I decided to go on and try it here also.

Followed your instructions and the first 5 steps worked perfect. But...when I go to step 6 and want to update the aircraft firmware, I get the message 'Server error. Wait a moment and try again. Error code 0x1103a0090012' and then this message disappears immediately. Waited and tried again several times, but same error. Turned off blue tooth, tried in hotspot mode, but no progress. I am still on 01.05.0000 and cannot get updated.

What can I do to overcome this? And was it possible I could was able to update verything except the firmware?
Just rebooted everything and tried again: I can still apply the patch but cannot update the AC firmware. I hope I can solve that to get the hack permanent ;)
Not being able to upgrade the firmware cannot be as a result of the hack. Could be a network or dji server error.

Keep trying and eventually you'll be successful. REMEMBER only do it when FCC is active. And do it from within dji fly. It apears that the firmware update "writes" the hack permanently.....

Reactions: Ronny St.
Not being able to upgrade the firmware cannot be as a result of the hack. Could be a network or dji server error.

Keep trying and eventually you'll be successful. REMEMBER only do it when FCC is active. And do it from within dji fly. It apears that the firmware update "writes" the hack permanently.....
Also, if your firmware is a couple of additions out of date, do you not need to update sequentially? Dunno... And where would you get it?

Reactions: Ronny St.
Also, if your firmware is a couple of additions out of date, do you not need to update sequentially? Dunno... And where would you get it?
Still trying but getting the same error. I found several other users that had the same problem, and some of them solved it by updating via DJI Assistant 2, but then the FCC hack will not be permanently, IF it still works altogether.
Updating the RC firmware and the FlySafe database was no problem, only the aircraft firmware update does not work. I will retry in a few hours and tomorrow and hope it will resolve in some way.

Another possibility may be updating via DJI Assistant 2 to a lower version and then using the app to go higher. But that is something I will only try after several days of retries. I really do not want to loose the FCC hack, the signal strength is much better than in EC mode and that is much more safe.

Last edited:
Ok, bought me a second (cheap) router just to be able to enter the google DNS without risking to loose all my wifi connections to my external equipment (security cameras etc). I can now leave the 'head' modem on to ensure nothing will be lost.
I saw that the latest firmware on the Mini 2 is now 01.07.0200. So that is a version higher than the version RiaanJ01 had on his Mini 2. Someone here that can confirm that it still works with 01.07.0200? I don't want to risk loosing my ability to apply the hack completely. But it would be nice if I do not have to hassle with the cable and run the hack each time I want to fly and to have permanent :)

Ok, bought me a second (cheap) router just to be able to enter the google DNS without risking to loose all my wifi connections to my external equipment (security cameras etc). I can now leave the 'head' modem on to ensure nothing will be lost.
I saw that the latest firmware on the Mini 2 is now 01.07.0200. So that is a version higher than the version RiaanJ01 had on his Mini 2. Someone here that can confirm that it still works with 01.07.0200? I don't want to risk loosing my ability to apply the hack completely. But it would be nice if I do not have to hassle with the cable and run the hack each time I want to fly and to have permanent :)
Nope Ronny, this is what I said and upgraded to:

6. Then only go to About Tab in DjiFly and check for aircraft firmware update in the About Tab. Do the update to 1.07.0200.

Mine still permanent in FCC.... No further uogrades for me!

All right, I must be stupid... I connected the smartphone to the new router (with the Google DNS) and then followed the procedure. Before applying the patch I noticed in the 'Transmission' tab that 1 km mark was already above the -90dB mark! I then applied the patch and rechecked the Transmission tab. Can you believe it was the same? So it appears I was in permanent FCC mode already!? I then tried to update the AC firmware (is now at 01.05.0000) but got the same error code, so even switching to Google DNS gave no effect.
But, as far as I can see the FCC hack is permanent which I cannot explain.
In other words, maybe I have spent a whole weekend trying to update the AC firmware, even bought me a second router and it was possibly all for nothing 😲
I hope the hack will stay permanent, since that was it all about from the start, but it remains a mystery how it got permanent whatsoever.

All right, I must be stupid... I connected the smartphone to the new router (with the Google DNS) and then followed the procedure. Before applying the patch I noticed in the 'Transmission' tab that 1 km mark was already above the -90dB mark! I then applied the patch and rechecked the Transmission tab. Can you believe it was the same? So it appears I was in permanent FCC mode already!? I then tried to update the AC firmware (is now at 01.05.0000) but got the same error code, so even switching to Google DNS gave no effect.
But, as far as I can see the FCC hack is permanent which I cannot explain.
In other words, maybe I have spent a whole weekend trying to update the AC firmware, even bought me a second router and it was possibly all for nothing 😲
I hope the hack will stay permanent, since that was it all about from the start, but it remains a mystery how it got permanent whatsoever.
Don't know if it will be of any use, but in this thread/reply you can find a guide by RiaanJ01 and the steps I took to get FCC mode working with (in the end) the latest firmware version (1.07.0200).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki