DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2- first flight

edfrombama

Reactions
Good morning to all-

I took the new Mini 2 out to my flight field this morning in hopes that my after-market connecting cable would link up controller and cell phone adequately.
Flight went perfectly. Drone is so quiet and responsive .I kept the little bird in N mode and Cine mode mostly, but even in N mode, it is quicker and much more responsive than the other brand drones I've used.
I get the feeling that I am going to like Occusync a great deal. I flew the drone out to a small lake I fish quite often and fly drones over. Most of my other brand drones get kind of aquirrelly out there 1200 feet or so, but the Mini 2 acted like I was 30 feet away. Very responsive and precise on commanded movements. tuned the little bird around over the water and came back home.
Now, I will have to look at the specifics of camera settings and videos settings, but if these match the flight performance, then I've got a tool I can work with.
I am sure I will continue to use my Holystone drones- the HS 600 is actually a good photo platform if you don't run it out too far, but this Mini 2- I do believe I've found something nice.

You all be safe and keep well- Ed

Congrats!!! I too am a new Mavic Mini 2 owner and so far it has been an awesome drome to fly. I have owned a 3DR Solo for about two years now. The Solo has proven to be a phenomenal drone to fly even though its design is ~ 5 years old now. I get good 2.7K video from it using my GoPro. The negatives are It is huge when compared to the MM2; and flight time is around 22 minutes with a single battery. I have a full-sized backpack with additional batteries, props etc when I fly it.

When flying the MM2 I pack the same spares into a small Symik A260 hard case. The footprint is so much smaller for the MM2; AND I get over 30 minutes of flight time!

Based upon my current experience with the MM2 I will be putting my 3DR Solo up for sale.

Today were my first flights as well. I have a ways to go due to partial paralysis. It got better as I flew. I've got some vids that I'll compare as I get better. There are some good training vids on boobtube.

Welcome aboard.
The Mini 2 is going to continue to prove itself over and over.
I always have one with me.
Ed

when i flew my drone the 1st time a couple months back i had a bad habit to watch the drone go up and move ahead..then i was freaking out to take it above the trees over the other side, but thats a noob mistake.. I said to myself fly the drone like you were sitting in front of your computer with a flying game.. so i flew my drone the next day just looking at it thru my iphone and went around the block with NP.. fears no more.. but landing it was hairy. you move it right left.. and you want it to move right but you push it left.. ect.. so i customize my joystick like i would a video game and not i can fly my drone back down fast and land it.. the more you fly the more you will get better, still learning but thats what its all about.. a quick note.. if ur flying your drone out of your yard and going over your neighbors house and yard.. make sure your at least 400 ft.. not 100 ft.. they can hear it and see it.. at 400 ft you cant hear a thing and you cant even see the bloody thing either.. also i use the stealth props which helps too. I live here in Los Angeles.. concrete city and nothing but houses..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neverbobomalem